Votes: 16 32.7%
  • something else

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • DQ Blizzard

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

Oko

Silence, peasants.
As for therapy work, I think Feist would take to it. She loves people and is learning to control herself. We'll see, she's a young thing yet.

Ivy has her CGC.

Quke has his S.T.A.R puppy lol and we did the workups for C.L.A.S.S but then he got a bit squirrely, class times started not working with my schedule, and we just never worked back through it. I should though.

Bayleigh and Pirate do. Bayleigh was 2 years and Pirate was 11 months old. They have no other obedience or therapy titles. Both would be good therapy dogs if I trained them more.

I think it will be really easy to get Penny's CGC. She is a natural. I've barely worked with her and I'd say she is 80% ready to take the test.

Emily is not a canine good citizen and therefore would not pass the test.

iriskai

Why spoil the fun by practicing?? :rofl1:
I'll let you know how that works out next week. :p I'm really only concerned about leaving Ezra for three minutes with someone he doesn't know. He might pitch a fit. Which I hope someone videos.

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
Cobain got his CGN just after his 1st birthday I believe. It would have been much sooner had I been able to drive at the time :p
No Rally titles as of yet. Didn't know about the sport really until a few years ago.
He would have his therapy dog test completed. We were all ready to go take it until the group denied me for being under 18 when the test was performed.

Oz might have been able to get his CGN, never tried. No rally, no therapy.

Rigby will probably never get her CGN. She's not too keen on the whole "accepting a friendly stranger" or whatever it is where they touch her. Everything else is fine though.
Might do rally if it doesn't involve touching her.
No Therapy. Lol

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'll let you know how that works out next week. :p I'm really only concerned about leaving Ezra for three minutes with someone he doesn't know. He might pitch a fit. Which I hope someone videos.
You can always leave him in a stay :). That's what I did with Mira -- we had done so many restrained recalls that I was afraid she'd think that's what we were doing and drag the person to me, haha. Left her in a stay and all was well though the holder was a little put out at being ignored :p

Our second test they left us people in the ring and strangers walked the dogs out of the room, which was weird. She was fine with it though.

Lodin...has a long way to go haha. His current method of "meeting" strangers is to charge them and wrap his front legs around their thigh and hang on for dear life :p

iriskai

You can always leave him in a stay :). That's what I did with Mira -- we had done so many restrained recalls that I was afraid she'd think that's what we were doing and drag the person to me, haha. Left her in a stay and all was well though the holder was a little put out at being ignored :p

Our second test they left us people in the ring and strangers walked the dogs out of the room, which was weird. She was fine with it though.

Lodin...has a long way to go haha. His current method of "meeting" strangers is to charge them and wrap his front legs around their thigh and hang on for dear life :p
He might be okay with that.. Honestly what he needs is someone to tell him to quit being an arse, then he'll behave, but I don't think the tester telling off the testee dog is part of the test. :)

And Lodin's method of greeting is PERFECT! Seriously. We need to get pictures of him and the Whippets next time.

Elrohwen

I'd like to get a CGC eventually I think, but he's just not ready for it. For one, he's still too excited about seeing other dogs and being in a new place, so I can't count on loose leash walking. Mostly the issue will be the separation and he will probably flip out (at the least he'll pace and look anxious).

I think he would like to be a therapy dog, but he won't be ready for that until he's an old man and more settled.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
A CGC has been my goal with Roxie since I got her, but every time she's good with other dogs, another comes and messes her up again. A Lab attacked her before I adopted her (still has a scar on her face), a Sibermutt two weeks after I got her, a Lab a day after I signed up for the test, a Border Collie in August when she was three (barreled into her, and they flew into traffic [leash was ripped out of my hands], Rox still has visible scars on her legs and chest from that one), and the Cocker from summer before last that attacked us when we were in my yard. Oh, and a white Boxer last year. Roxie just has no luck.

I mean, Roxie is solid with people. She licks a lot if you are all over her, but I don't think she'd be doing that... I doubt the stranger would spend 10mins loving on her during the test. I've been practicing leaving her with (a few of my friends she had not met previously) strangers, and everything else, and she's solid. It's just that she's scared of dogs.

Walk her through a crowded 4th of July shindig at the park, she's kosher. Walk her down a street and she sees another dog coming near (I try really hard to never let another dog within 20ft), and she will freeze. However, she is good with dogs that we know and is allowed to meet properly. Passing by a strange one? Nope.

I don't think Roxie is calm enough to be a therapy dog. She just LOVES people too much, and I highly doubt putting her mouth around someone's arm and wrapping her tongue around that arm would be allowed.

Roxie doesn't have any other titles because I suck and don't drive. A little work, and she could probably get any title I wanted (aside from sch and like sports), though.

One of these days she will have her CGC. I am determined. :)

casey82

I'd like to get a CGC eventually I think, but he's just not ready for it. For one, he's still too excited about seeing other dogs and being in a new place, so I can't count on loose leash walking. Mostly the issue will be the separation and he will probably flip out (at the least he'll pace and look anxious).

I think he would like to be a therapy dog, but he won't be ready for that until he's an old man and more settled.
Sorry just have to say, I love your dog. He makes me smile.

crazedACD

Romeo has passed his CGC twice but I never sent the paperwork in. Oh well. Skye...might be able to pass it, but I would need to plan it out so I can get to wherever it's held and settle her in (she is not very focused in new places, it's getting better). But it's not something I really want to go out of my way for, honestly. Zoie could probably pass it too. Fiona gets too wiggly right now for people to touch her without food help.

Hudson, CGC? That's amusing. Hudsons' are like Tiggers. They bounce, they wiggle, they say hi to every new person and ever new dog. They are also NOT ok with Food Lady going out of eye site. We are almost to the point that I can go upstairs without a minor fit, so, maybe once I can leave the room in my own house we'll consider.

Taqroy

Does your dog have a CGC/CGN? Mu does, the other two do not and probably won't.

If yes or no: does your dog have a rally or obedience title? Nope (and nope). I'd love to work towards rally but can't find classes any-freaking-where. I'm about to resort to teaching it myself but I know how much of a procrastinator I am. :|

If yes: has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well?
Haha, no. Mu is completely not therapy dog material. SOMEONE IS TOUCHING ME AND THEY HAVE NO FOOD. RED ALERT RED ALERT.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Yes she does, and we'll be taking the CGCA test this summer.

She has one leg towards her RN title. There are almost never any trials here so it's slow going.

Brattina88

Does your dog have a CGC/CGN?
Both have CGC

If yes or no: does your dog have a rally or obedience title?
If yes: has your dog taken a therapy dog test as well?
No. Maddie dabbled in therapy work... The training club I worked with we planned on taking the Therapy dog test - we went to a nursing home several Thursdays in a row. Maddie was fine with the envoirament and everything but she would stay still to be rubbed on or pet lojg term. She'd rather perform tricks for treats :p lol
Both dogs went to rally class but then I got REALLY busy and didn't pursue it :( I should've!

Members online

No members online now.