Does your dog ever growl at you?

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Only in play. He'll growl and grumble when he has a toy (which sounds bad, but is totally all for fun), but that's about it. He's never growled at me aggressively.

DenoLo

Lola growls in play and also when she's amped up and frustrated, like in free shaping. It's not really at me, just a "GAH this sucks I want that thing so bad"

elegy

overdogged
Steve does all the time. If I towel him off, if I wipe his feet, if I brush him, if I cut his toenails, if I ask him to lie down to be stretched, if I put his boots on for flyball, etc etc etc. It's just who he is.

Luce growls at me if I move her when she's in bed.

I really don't worry about it. Growling is communication.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Rowan growls at me and everything else all the time. He's just a grumbly, growly dog. He growls when he needs something (either to be let out, or he knows it's dinner time), he growls if he's bumped in to, he growls when he plays, he just likes to growl.

Riff never growls at me. He growls when he plays, but it's not really directed at me, because he growls when he plays with toys by himself, too. He's not growly in general.

Skits

Nitro won't ever growl at me in an aggressive way, but he does when I play tug with him or sometimes when he greets me, he gets very excited and whines and growls but in a happy way.

Buddy will when he's eating sometimes, sort of a small growl. He used to be very food aggressive but now he'll eat normally and just growl if I'm petting him too intensely while he's eating. Or if I give him a special treat where he's on the couch or something with it, he'll growl with it at first if I get too close. He also growls when I'm brushing his butt-fur or tail.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Oh gosh, yes. Panzer is an A-hole and growls a lot, although honestly it's how he communicates and I never take it seriously. One of his funny quirks is be loves cuddling with you, but how dare you touch him. He makes a fit. Grumbles at us and abruptly jumps off the bed or couch. We just roll our eyes. He is so dramatic.

Members online

No members online now.