Acana? Anyone feed the Grain Free?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Yep! We feed usually the grasslands, though I'm feeding the Pacifica right now :)

ETA: Is the price way different there than here? The reason Rosey isn't eating Acana is because Fromm is cheaper. :lol-sign:

tzigane

Chester is on the chicken one right now. He's doing well and loves the taste, but gaining some weight despite me cutting back on the amount, but he's also a lazy couch potato.

LauraLeigh

Jess I didn't really look at every brand, but several were higher, the large bag was $60 which seems fairly reasonable to me, a few brands were 75 and up

Toller_08

I don't feed Acana anymore, but I did for years and my dogs all did great on it. I think it's definitely worth a try! Most of the dogs I know also eat Acana of various formulas and are doing awesome on it.

My only issue with Acana (and Orijen for that matter) is that sometimes production sucks and you can't get certain formulas randomly, but hopefully if that happens you have dogs that can eat a different formula here and there.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Juno was on the Wild Prairie for a short time (until I started suspecting food allergies). I had no problems with it, I thought the cost was very reasonable too for a quality grain-free kibble... a big bag of the WP was $55. I was a fan of the kibble before but the price kind of helped push it to my "go to" grain free kibble.

The other nice thing was that she didn't need to eat as much of it. She was doing fine on 2.5cups a day of Acana, but once I put her on Canine Caviar she started losing weight if she got less than 3 cups.

I don't feed Acana anymore, but I did for years and my dogs all did great on it. I think it's definitely worth a try! Most of the dogs I know also eat Acana of various formulas and are doing awesome on it.

My only issue with Acana (and Orijen for that matter) is that sometimes production sucks and you can't get certain formulas randomly, but hopefully if that happens you have dogs that can eat a different formula here and there.
I hear this a lot, I am lucky because we are a few hours from the plant so we can pretty much always get it.

Toller_08

I hear this a lot, I am lucky because we are a few hours from the plant so we can pretty much always get it.
Yeah, I don't really know what's up. My city isn't that far either and I know some stores never had a single issue even with the fire. The one I work for OTOH though hasn't received a full shipment in at least 8 months. I mean, it's not terrible, but sometimes it can be frustrating.

I don't think the issue is that huge (at least not here), but it is something to be aware of I think.

But it's a good food and is almost always my 'go to' Grain Free option for people because it's affordable for a quality food, and my dogs always did super well on it.

Yeah, I don't really know what's up. My city isn't that far either and I know some stores never had a single issue even with the fire. The one I work for OTOH though hasn't received a full shipment in at least 8 months. I mean, it's not terrible, but sometimes it can be frustrating.

I don't think the issue is that huge (at least not here), but it is something to be aware of I think.

But it's a good food and is almost always my 'go to' Grain Free option for people because it's affordable for a quality food, and my dogs always did super well on it.
Maybe that I just never noticed because I rotate through them as well, and because of where I live we are used to not being able to get everything all the time so I might have been oblivious to it, lol. I'm happy as long as they ave something :D

Michiyo-Fir

We've been feeding a rotation of all the grain free acana formulas for 3 years now. Absolutely love it, love the ingredients list and love it's sourced locally!

Maxy24

We fed it to Tucker for a while after TOTW got recalled but had to switch back because his gas got so bad. Other than that he did fine, not really different than on TOTW, except the gas. He was on the prairie one.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
We're still struggling with LID deliveries, we kept getting a tiny amount of lamb but we JUST got our first duck shipment since I started working here in November. Two of my coworkers feed it almost exclusively so that frustrated them.

The other lamb, I forget which but its in a soft pink bag, was too hard on my bosses affens teeth and she switched to the chicken and Bartlett potato, she said its a bit annoying paying so much for a heavy in potato food but the kibble is comprised of large discs and easy to break up.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Rumor used to get Pacifica, and I think I threw Grasslands in there once. She liked it and did well on it. My only problem was that it cost me $70+. She's been on Fromm, Earthborn, and some raw since then. If the price was slightly more reasonable I'd continue to feed it.

crazedACD

Everything seemed to come back probably around the beginning of January, and now it's out again. We have no Ranchlands, no Grasslands. My store took in the food last year and we have gotten people on it, only to have it dry up. It's a bit frustrating really, but I do like the food.

Members online

No members online now.