How involved is your SO in dog stuff?

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
In general dog stuff, hubby is involved and loves having the dogs around, takes em on walks, Webby goes cycling with him, feeds them, reinforces training (and trains Webster for some stuff...for a while Webster was finding and retrieving hubby's cell phone for him whenever it rang lol), etc.

He doesn't do dog competitions. His stance on them is the same as mine regarding his cycling and auto work and such: I support you and am interested and love to hear about what's going on but would rather pursue my own interests than bum around yours all day while they are happening ;)

It works very very well.
This is basically my situation! Garret does car shows on weekends& I do dog things. I'm sure when Penny FIRST starts competing, he'll come once or twice just because it's new but it will wear off quickly :p

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
He's becoming more and more interested. He wants to do sports with his next dog, and the next dog will be his. :] He has been doing amazingly well with Zobby lately; his leash reactivity is more or less under control, he's behaving in the house (for the most part) and he's been teaching him really cute tricks.
I read this like the boyfriend had leash reactivity but its getting better.

lol

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Don't know how he feels about dog sports though I think if we had a disc dog he'd love that. If I has the time for herding, I'm sure he'd come support.

For Sawyer and Marley, he still doesn't "get" my obsession with dog food and why I keep making him by better food for Marley, but he's wonderful about walking them and taking them to the park.

Mine is involved in IPO with me, but doesn't participate with his own dog. Penny the Pit is technically his dog, but she has bad hips and can't handle too much stress on her little legs. He will take pictures/video for me when I'm working Aiden. He will come to training unless he has work. He comes to every trial to cheer me on and help me keep my head on striaight. He goes tracking with me at the crack of dawn and sometimes brings Penny too. And he snuggles with Aiden at night. :) He's a great guy.

He has plans to rescue his next dog (Pit x) as a pup and has hopes to compete in IPO with it if it all works out.

Dex

He's pretty involved when it comes to supporting me & cheering us on. He'll come to every event unless it interferes with work. The disc crowd draws a lot of fun people and mostly all bring spouses/significant others, so it's never boring on the sidelines.

He's also very into video production & photography (it's what he went to school for) so the added bonus of awesome photos is great!!

And one time... just once.. I convinced him to play a round of toss and catch with Dex. Forgot to tell him that means he should walk her before their turn.... he threw the disc, she caught it, and then she pooped on the field. Final score? 1.5 points :p Still proud of them for trying, at that point he had never actually played any disc with her so it was a good attempt.

momto8

My husband actually really likes doing dog stuff :) He's on the road alot so he can't go with us alot, but when he's home and can he's always going with us!

Members online

No members online now.