Bluedawg made me proud!!

When I got Bluedawg he was scared of small children, he even peed in the local petstore cowwering to a 3 year old boy.

Tonight the neighbors where doing a 4th fireworks thing. Not only did Blue did great with the loud noise and bangs and thumps and thing he did awesome with the small children there. No snapping barking or cowwerring, he was a little warry at first but after that he wanted to play, then I was worried he would knock the kids around being playfull. He was really good being around kids, Im proud of him cause I didnt do anything to get him there.

Next thing get him good around strange dogs, one step at a time.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Yay! That's awesome!! All your hard work paying off is just great!
Give blue an extra hug from me! :p

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
That's great news - and encourages me as Misha is so scared of children.....I hope she follows Bluedawg's example.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Good Boy Bluedawg..watch those kids that they don't undo his trust..they can be such mean little things without even thinking. Hyia gets timed out regularly for dog infractions. Yesterday i had her say it three times before i let her up..i will not take Victor's bone i will not touch Victor's bone. I told her the story of Simen's hitting the dog with a stick and what happened..mom busted her chasing Vic with a stick in the back yard. Timed out again. I don't worry about MAry and Hyia isn't trying to hurt Vic but she is not old enuff i guess yet to be with a dog unattended. It only takes one child to undo a great deal of trust and love. Kids can be just awful.

Im going to see if one of my other neighbors will work with me and Bluedawg and their dog on the dog thing. He has come along way from when he got here at 6 weeks.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Good job Blue and Bluedawg! Sounds like a good plan, and don't they grow up so fast?

Barb04

Super Moderator
So glad to hear the news about Bluedawg. My Kona actually loves children, she's more suspicious of adults which we are working on.

Members online

No members online now.