Breeds You Love, but Would Never Own

Leonberger - Oh boy, do I love these dogs. Just absolutely no way I could deal with the shedding. I was a hairs width away from getting one last year, but in the end knew I would be driven bananas by all the hair.
Great Pyr - see above re shedding.
Great Dane - Cannot deal with the drooling, health problems, or super short life span.
Chihuahua - well bred, I love them. But don't think I could deal with the barking and flitting from place to place.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Siberian Husky. lordy are they beautiful. its not fair for any animal to be so gorgeous, they look like an artist was given God License to make them

Standard Poodle is on my bucket list, but with how **** picky I am, thatll never happen

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Dobermans.

Dobermans.

And dobermans.

I love them. I stalk and ogle all the pictures of them here on Chazhound. I just think they are gorgeous, gorgeous dogs.

But their temperament just doesn't match or mesh with mine or my household. Not even a little. It makes me so sad.

Dogs I won't own

Dobermans - They are beautiful but I've heard far too much about health problems and such to ever own one.

Sighthounds - I love them and they're absolutely stunning but I hate their inability to be off leash, from what I've heard. Dogs being off leash is a big factor into whether I will own the dog or not.

Alaskan Malamutes - Basically same as sighthounds. Also, I don't really enjoy independent dogs. I'm more of a velcro dog person.

Dogs I must own

German Shepherd - GSDs are absolutely my dream dog. I can't wait until I have the ability to own one.

Great Dane - Yes, I know, health problems, short lifespan, yada yada, but I can't help but love them and I know I will end up with at least one.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Rottweilers and Bullmastiffs.

Love the way they look, love the ones I have met (my co-worker has a bullmastiff, he is such a steady, social, nice dog), but I doubt I'd ever actually own them. I don't know. Maybe someday. Not for a long time.

This is an interesting read.

Some of the breeds mentioned in here I currently own. And some of the reasons some of you say they will not own them, I have learned are not as prevalent as rumored. :)

I cannot think of any breeds that I like that I will not own.

There are lots more on the I will never own list and do not like or indifferent to them.

Saluki I can't think of a breed more beautiful. But I like to take my dogs on long off lead walks and do sports with them and have them like to enjoy those sports with me. Doubt I will ever have one.

Rottweiler I did seriously consider one this year after my 2 senior collie girls died. But we still had two girl dogs and I wanted a male this time around and doubted my ability to handle a male Rottweiler. Maybe one day.

Melle

Oof.

Dobermans - I love their appearance, their personalities, such beautiful dogs inside out. But so many health problems, and so very expensive - a little too much for me to fathom when my dog could still just drop dead young because of a congenital heart disease. Plus energy could be an issue, idk. Just probably not for me, which sucks because health and energy are the only issues.

Rottweilers (and most mastiffs) - I actually really think I'd like one! But it's so hard to find the type of dog I would like, and I don't think I want to spend life with a dog where I'd have to go out of my way to establish my place and explain why it should listen to me, and on top of that manage it's feelings and protective reactions when I go somewhere. Probably won't be an issue where I'll live but I just don't know yet.

Border Collies - I've always loved how they look. Many of the ones I've met don't have too much coat and they have a build I like. But I'll always admire them from afar. Too much intensity, energy, and reactivity issues.

GSD - I'm still very open to one, but now I'm rethinking all that hair. Pretty much it. I love them otherwise.

I'll probably be back but now the cat is sidetracking me.

LauraLeigh

Great Dane- Love LOVE THEM! But the lifespan..... May break my heart

Bulldog- I lived with one, such an awesome dog, but health issues.....

Bull Terrier- Another all time favourite, I have a customer with two I absolutely adore, but to find one that's well bred, health tested, and from a breeder I can accept? Major $$$ more than I can justify

Members online