I'm so OVER it

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I've been having issues with my sister for awhile now. She has always been one that acts first without thinking, and has a good heart while having no responsibility ethic. All of our older childhood, she'd end up getting a pet and I'd end up taking care of it/eventually rehoming it because I didn't want to deal with it anymore, and now that I'm not around to take over that responsibility and get her out of the messes she puts herself in, she has become this side of a hoarder.

She's gone through, like, 5 dogs because she'd get them, realize they were a lot of work, then get rid of them. Then she'd get another "because it needed a home". Same story. Her current three dogs were living outside in a kennel (that she would poop scoop maybe once a week or two) and where left to roam the countryside - until her "baby" dog got into a toxin and had seizures that ended up killing him. Now her two remaining are kept in her room.

She had 6 cats at one point, and then gradually started getting rid of them when she realized they were a lot of work. They never left her room (which was NOT kept clean) and most of them ended up developing an URI. When I went home over Thanksgiving she had two cats left who had pretty nasty URIs. She "didn't have time to medicate them" (really? You can't give them each some medication when you wake up and before you go to bed?) so she ended up kicking them outside with no care at all. I said, "Screw that, these cats are going to die out here," and took them to the local shelter while I was at home. Felt 110% shitty for doing so, but the cats deserved better.

Now she has a freaking new kitten. What. The. ****. Didn't have the time or money for your other cats, but now that they're gone you feel the need to get a new model? The ****?

Don't even know what to do about it anymore. I sent her a pretty nasty text this afternoon asking her if she was going to make me dump this new kitten off at the shelter when I'm home over Christmas and she was all, "Well, I'm not working full time anymore, so I have time for a cat now." :madgo: :wall: And two dogs you need to get altered and $500 worth of vet bills spread at two different clinics that you aren't paying and are going to get sued over. Way to go, sister. Way to go.

How do I just not care anymore? I'm so freaking OVER IT.

Are we long lost sisters? Because mine is the same way. Let's see, we had the puppy that was dumped after a few months because the 4 year old wouldn't take care of it. The pit bull that died under mysterious circumstaces (she claimed parvo or poison, he claimed she didjt give it water), the kitten that got run over, and the current cat, who I figure has been relegated to outside staus and will be coyote bait soon. Who would have thought that an adolesent male cat would spray all over the house?

I'm just so sorry you have to deal with this. I know how this has just been such an on going issue I'm really really sorry. Lots of hugs though!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I just....I don't know what to do. So far I've not been acknowledging her animals exist. Which makes me feel like a total bitch, but....I'm over it. I just don't care anymore.

She's about ready to get married (at 19...to a marine...when she's never lived on her own or held a job for more than a month...) and she's going to get a huge reality check that is likely going to end in horrible failure. And...I just don't care anymore.

It sucks. Ugh.

ACooper

:( I think many (dare I say most?) of us have a friend or family memberthe same or similar to your sister. It's heart wrenching and there's not much you can do.
Sorry you have to deal with it....it sucks.

Members online

No members online now.