Who cares for the dogs in your household?

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
We all take care of them. Like right now Violet has an ear infection and we are taking her to the vet today. I'll be paying for it. Chloe has to have a dental and be spayed and I'll be paying for that. But my parents have paid for MANY vet bills in the past, and have always paid for their food even when we did RAW and had to go out of our way to find stuff and pay a little more for something that she'd actually eat (she got sick of chicken quarters QUICK.). So we all do our share. We love the dogs and want what's best for them. My parents couldn't afford to take Violet to the vet today (would've had to wait on their paychecks and even then it'd be hard) so I told them, make an appointment, I'll pay. You do what you have to do to not let your dogs suffer. We do our best to give our dogs a happy healthy life and we don't really keep track of who pays for what lol! And same with daily chores and whatnot. My mom pretty much always let's the dogs out in the morning because she's the first one up. And then she does it when I'm at work. And she usually feeds them because she's the first one up, but sometimes I like to do it myself because my mom more or less just fills up a bowl and lets them eat what they want from it. I like to measure it so I know how much they're eating. Grooming wise I am the only one who does nails and I hate doing them. Me and my dad take turns brushing Violet out and if we bathe her at home he helps me or if I don't want to battle her, I'll pay to have her groomed.

Torch

It's mostly me, but my husband knows the drill and will pick up the slack with ease. This past month I was gone for a week on a business trip, and he did everything I usually do for Henry with no prompting.

He takes the initiative to do things for Henry like potty breaks, walks, and feedings if I'm not around. He actually gets off pretty easy because Henry is so in love with Roy that he behaves like a champ for him. Oh, Dad wants to lay on the couch all day and play video games? That sounds like fun! I'll cuddle with him and not even want to go out and pee! Versus if I was home Henry would be bugging me for a walk or outside time.

milos_mommy

We all do, except my useless brother :p Actually, that's not true. He does give Benji any medications he needs, and he does sometimes clean the (HIS) cat's box and give them food. Mostly my mom does that, though.

As far as feeding and letting the dogs out and exercise, my mom, dad, and I all take part. I'm sure there have been nights the dogs have gotten two dinners because we accidentally fed them twice :p. I give Milo his daily meds, but if he needs benydryl or something, my Mom gives it. It's basically whoever's home, standing near the dog's bowl, or the dogs go to at dinner time.

I did take care of the reptiles (snakes and beardie) 100%, but we moved Aidan downstairs during hurricane Sandy to stay warm, and he liked it there. So his tank is still chilling in the living room, and my mom feeds him a lot (maybe more than I do) now. Whoever's the last to go to bed and first to get up does his lights.

My mom does pretty my 100% of the small animal (chilla and rabbit) care. Dad lets Amelia out to play mostly, he loves her, but Mom feeds them, waters them, and cleans the cages.

When I lived with my roommate, I mainly cared for the foster dogs, but he was really helpful and he'd take them for walks a lot and fed them if I was even a few minutes late.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Me. 100%.

I'm 21 now so I pay for everything obviously. and since I live alone lol I obviously do all the care

He does love to be babysat by his "aunties" during the day though! I'm a dog walker and he is too young for that much forced exercise so he spends his afternoons at the store usually and my co-workers give him his lunch and hang out with him

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Well...they currently live with Mike, so I will say he does. But, for not living here, I do, too. LOL Actually, now that I think about it, everything is pretty much done 50/50.

I typically feed them when I'm here (so every other day), he feeds them when I'm gone. I give Gracie her meds when I'm here, he does when I'm gone. We let them outside just about the same amount between us. I am the one that gives the baths and trims their nails, although he brushes Cynder (with the furminator I got for him) and he'll dremel their nails on occasion. I am the one that takes care of all of the vet visits, but I work at the vet, so, meh. I also buy the food, toys, treats, collars, and beds. We both train (in our own way), and when I was trying to decide if Seabees would be a failed foster, he would take her out, play with her, and work with her on his own initiative.

Essentially, he does a great job and we take care of them equal amounts. The things I do "extra" are things that either a.) he doesn't care about (like treats and beds) and b.) he has decided he should leave it up to me, because I'll complain if he does it wrong. LOL

We both take care of the hamster, too, although the rats are solely my responsibility.

I do.Although my fam. does help me out at times when i'm not at home. With Cinnamon it was even between me, my dad and my sister, my mom helps out with the vet bills for both dogs.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Justin takes care of Izzy if he's home for reasonable awake hours. If he has the day off, I'll leave Tango home with him and he'll take care of both dogs. On a typical day, we each take care of our own dogs and we'll check in to see who has/needs to feed the cat. If he has to go to work reallly early around 7 am, I'll take care of Izzy's first walk and meal. It's team work :)

Well, I mostly take care of Cricket, my sister mostly takes care of Journey, and my mom mostly takes care of Newton - that being said, they are also family dogs, and we all share a lot of duties. Of course I'm off at college right now, living on campus, so the rest of my family is taking care of Cricket for me.

Members online

No members online now.