Dogs and Ice Cubes

Is it ok? JTWD isn't into treats, except for those nasty Liver Treats, which most of you would lynch me for even having. I just found out that she just LOVES ice cubes. She chomps them and will sometimes play with them pre-chomp.

Obviously the benzine ridden water we have from agri-runnoff is the same stuff she drinks in her bowl, but are the cubes bad for her teeth or anything? I'm assuming she knows the diff since she isnn't prone to eating rocks, but I can still hear my mom nagging me: "KEVIN PAUL!!! Don't chomp your ice cubes...you'll break your teeth!" :mad:

Mine chomp them too, but with the hardware mine have it's hard to worry too much about it. Even little Bimmer has oversized teeth. Shiva thinks it's great fun to slide ice cubes across the floor before pouncing on them, and since I routinely drop at least one when I fill a glass . . .

Last edited:

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ice cubes haven't given my dogs any problems. Ripley chomps them on a regular basis and they haven't done anything bad to his tiny teeth, so I figure if a Papillon can stand it, any dog can. LOL.

Debi

We've always given Addie ice cubes for a summer evening treat. She also loves frozen diluted orange juice cubes. She looks forward to those ice cubes when it's hot like a child looking forward to ice cream. No ill effects on her teeth or gums. :D

bogolove

Brady loves them too. He runs and grabs it every time I "accidentally" drop one. Actually my cat loves them too, but only to slide around on the floor and she does like to lick them too. But if I give one to her to play with while Brady is around, he will steal hers. Even if i give him his own, he eats it and then takes hers.

Members online

No members online now.