Leather Collars

What are your guys' favorite leather collars? I have an obsession with nice, beautiful leather collars. I just think they look so great and it's always fun to find one that matches your dog's personality.

I absolutely love Karma Collars, and have been floored by their outstanding customer service and the high quality of their products. Fable has one, the Mojave, and I think it really suits her. I want to get another one, but can't really justify it since they're pretty spendy.

So let's hear all about your favorite leather collar makers and what you've been drooling over recently. Also feel free to post pictures of your collars!

Here's Fable in hers:
DSC_1027 by fablethecattledog, on Flickr
DSC_1030 by fablethecattledog, on Flickr

I got one that I ADORE from Made2Measure - except it is too small. I got it two years back and didn't think it was a problem back then... but now I can't stand how it fits (on the last hole) so I never use it. And I think two years is a little too late to return for a poor fit. :p

Totally need to order another, properly fitted one. I looooove the thick soft padding, and the braiding. It looks and feels very well made, although I haven't put it through much.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I don't have pics readily available right now, but my current fave collars are from Karma (Ziva's Stargazer) and Kismet (Aeri's mixed metals Haze).

I have a couple of Pacos and collars from other makers, but I like the craftsmanship and materials in the Karma and Kismet best. I have a custom collar for Snipe in the works from Kismet currently and I loove the process. :)

I have been eying the custom carved collars from various places, but have no excuse for buying one. LOL

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
I just got Paris a Paco collar. It's my first leather collar and I like it. My pics aren't the best and don't really do it any justice though.

teacuptiger

floor dancer
Ella's Lead Nightcrawler and Oliver collar.

Although I kinda want an Oliver with cabochons. My Oliver is chocolate leather and purple rhinestones... freaking beautiful, even though Roxie rarely wears it anymore cuz biothane :(

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I have a serious collar problem. We have 2 new and 1 pre-loved Karma collar (2 Narnias and Jackson's old custom that we LOVE), an Ella's lead for Liz, a group of old embroidered leather name collars from CollarMania, and more Pacos than I should admit (everyone has one, plus three "floaters" lol).

JacksonsMom

I love our Karma. It may be my favorite.

I think it just... really fits him.

Our Paco is our other favorite. This collar has been through everything.

I have the worst time photographing the collars actually on the dogs, but here are my boys:

Gambit: I love this collar. The original had wolves on it, but the seller was able to make them more coyote like. I don't think he's had this collar off since I bought it last year

Gimmick: His nickname is Shrimp, which is where this one came from. It looks so incredibly cute on him

Glitch: He has a hand-me-down from Gimmick, until he is old enough for his own collar. It looks great on both whippets, and I can't wait until he can have his own

All three came from Etsy. Gambit and Gimmicks are from Finely Tooled, and Glitches came from Saluki Feathers. I would go back to both shops in a second.

Years ago at an ASCA trial with Keechak someone had collars that were carved like Western belts, complete with the little metal tab on the end. I've coveted ones like that since then, but have never found exactly what I'm looking for for sale.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I have tons of collars, but thankfully I've done a pretty good job of keeping my leather stuff down to a minimum. I've personally made a few of my own, but they don't get worn very often. Harlow is basically the only one who sports a leather collar consistently, and both hers are from Karma. She has the Tupelo as well as a slightly customized one. She wears the Tupelo basically all the time and it holds up great. I love how soft the leather is. I have two tag collars for the ACDs from Blue Lynx that I really like, as well. :)

I currently have one in planning for Tusla from Karma, but I'm broke right now so it is going to have to wait a while. :p I really want to get Iggy a nice leather shotgun shell version from Karma, but DH doesn't want one. I don't understand. Lol!

Tupelo:
DSC_0069[1] by Meagan Blanchard, on Flickr

Super bling:
DSC_0844 by Meagan Blanchard, on Flickr

Rider's tag collar:
clear collar by Meagan Blanchard, on Flickr

I am a collar addict! I have/had leather from most of the big name collar shops online. I also have/had some from some unknowns and etsy shops. I love my current collection. In all honesty, the quality is very comparable to them all. I've had some collars that I absolutely hated and I no longer have those.

My favorite are from Ella's Lead. The price is right and the quality is great! I've had no problems with any of my collars from them. I even have one more on the way!

Here's the current group minus the pink Paua Shell collar we have on the way.

The left stack is (top to bottom) East Side Collars (etsy), Karma, Stillwater Kennel Supply, and Collar Mania.

The middle stack is Paco Collars (two are customs).

The right stack is all Ella's Lead.

Our newest Ella's Lead is preloved. It is the pink/cheddar to the left of this picture.

Kati

We have a Julius K9, and I absolutely love it. Real quality leather, and I know I can trust it. I like the more simple ones, like the natural colors. :) Just throwing it out there.

We absolutely love our RUHA leather collar. Harley has been wearing his daily for well over a year now and it looks just like the day we got it.

Best of all, they can be customized with a laser etching of your dogs name and your address/phone number.

Grab

I love my Paco collars. I also have a carved collar from Collars by Riley for Goose that I adore (it's Mother Goose themed)

crazedACD

I have two Pacos and they are really nice. I don't even worry about the dogs swimming with them, they hold up to anything. I also have some cheaper/generic ones from Dogline and they are awesome, held up well although not as pretty. The dogs have worn them for years and they are soft and comfy.
I have some leather ones from another off brand company now, they are nice for sure and more budget friendly, but I don't tend to keep them on my dogs as the edges are a little rough and I feel like they are uncomfortable :p.

Members online

No members online now.