SCOttie dog collectors

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Has anyone ever seen anything like this and know anything about it?

I collect lots of little glass / ceramic dog figurines. I've seen those on EBay and if I remember they were manufactured in the 1930's by L.E. Smith co, and it's meant to be a candy dish, I think. Please don't quote me on any of this, because I could be wrong. I'm definitely no expert! But if it's looking for a new home... I promise I'd take good care of it! ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have a friend, a viral friend I met about a decade ago playing checkers. We chatted, and she is just the nicest lady. She is about my age, and a big time scottie lover. She lives in Australia. Once in a while we chat on facebook. Geez there were two of them, now I wish I had bought both, but I only had 5 dollars and that is what this one cost at the thrift store. I would have gladly picked the other one up for you.

I told her I bought her a present. I can't mail it until January like everything else. I sent her a couple pics, but I had wished I knew something else about it. I have never seen anything like it. So thank you ever so much! You have given me a path to go searching.

I have a friend, a viral friend I met about a decade ago playing checkers. We chatted, and she is just the nicest lady. She is about my age, and a big time scottie lover. She lives in Australia. Once in a while we chat on facebook. Geez there were two of them, now I wish I had bought both, but I only had 5 dollars and that is what this one cost at the thrift store. I would have gladly picked the other one up for you.

I told her I bought her a present. I can't mail it until January like everything else. I sent her a couple pics, but I had wished I knew something else about it. I have never seen anything like it. So thank you ever so much! You have given me a path to go searching.
She's going to love it!!! I'm glad I could help! <3

I collect lots of little glass / ceramic dog figurines. I've seen those on EBay and if I remember they were manufactured in the 1930's by L.E. Smith co, and it's meant to be a candy dish, I think. Please don't quote me on any of this, because I could be wrong. I'm definitely no expert! But if it's looking for a new home... I promise I'd take good care of it! ;)
I think you're right about a candy dish, that's the first thing
I thought when I saw it. I think it's missing it's lid though.

My grandmother had a glass candy dish elephant that looked almost exactly the same in design, and it's supposed to have a glass lid that completes the animal's shape :)

Edited to say...still a LOVELY and thoughtful gift for your friend, lid or no lid :)

Members online

No members online now.