$2, 500 Pom puppy

ACooper

Well BYB/Mill aside..............I really don't know how they can be sure she is 'show quality' at 7 weeks. The way I understand it, they can be hopeful, but usually takes a little longer to judge conformation and what not, could be wrong of course..........don't know much on smaller dogs.

But ya, I would think BYB

Fran27

I actually checked their website a while back... Definitely a BYB. Look at all the dogs they have, with no mention whatsoever of health testing.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
i wouldnt even pay 2500 for a champion sired female of that age. MABE a 1 yr old pom with points to her major from champion lines and full breeding rights.
but a 7 week old puppy....NO!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It's not too steep for a toy breed really, however, I'd not buy her. Maybe if the pup was a Ch import sired pup, older, or something, but that dog screams BYB to me.

ACooper, you're right, you don't really n=know show dogs at that young. Some can be hopefuls, and many hopefulls will pan out. But when we got Beau at 10 weeks, he was just a hopefull. Actually, they thought he'd end up pet quality. Whoops, were they wrong. xD Kind of funny because we weren't in the market for a show dog so it didn't matter, but we ended up with one anyways. Now we're addicted to showing... lol

Off topic slightly, but a lady I know paid $10,000 on a JKC Ch papillon bitch imported to the US. Here's the kicker though- she only owns a fourth of her! There are four owners. So a $40,000 dog... I don't think I'd ever pay that much for ANY dog no matter the bloodline.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Wow. That price is a bit frightening. As well as the site as a whole.
And I had to scoff at that "special hybrid."

Members online

No members online now.