Baby/kid stuff you use for your dogs.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Whilst filling a Kong with canned food using a tiny vinyl-coated spoon (which works amazingly well, fyi) it occurred to me how much baby paraphernalia we have for people with no kids. Am I the only one? Or does everyone else occasionally shop in the baby section for their pets?

Current inventory:
Baby spoons (originally for clicker-training cas with tuna without losing a finger or chipping fangs on uncoated metal)

Toddler take-and-toss snack containers (awesome for storing chopped treats, also fit in the bottom of my treat bag)

Baby food (for dog treats and emergency turtle nutrition)

Baby food dispensing spoon (for feeding the chihuahua tiny amounts of baby food as a treat)

Baby bottle brush (for scrubbing Kongs because I don't have a dishwasher)

Baby socks (sometimes they work better than dog boots)

Baby blankets (for swaddling chihuahua)

Crib quilts (make amazing crate pads for my 36" crates)

Crib mattress (super-supportive bed for ancient large dog)

Sling carrier (because chihuahua-wearing is a valid lifestyle choice)

Child's tshirts (for keeping Brisbane from chewing hotspots)

At work we also have tons of plastic toddler playground stuff for the dogs to climb and hide under.

amberdyan

Some of this stuff is seriously genius.

I have a baby spoon for training with wet food, a bottle brush for cleaning out various toys, baby wipes because Hugo likes to play rough/ get other dogs drool ALL OVER HIM and he also has this baby toy that's like a crinkly bit of cloth with soft-ish plastic edges. He likes to shake like a dying squirrel and it's the only soft thing he doesn't rip up. My sister bought it for him and I thought she was goofy...turned out kind of hilarious.

Also... "emergency turtle nutrition" sounds hilarious.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I once bought a plastic toddler bed (with matress) at a garage sale to use as a dog bed.

Don't judge me. LOL My dog loved it. Kind of wish O had it now for Cynder. May see if it can fit in the car on our visit for Christmas!

Nothing.....well...actually, sometimes my aunt picks up old stuffed animals are garage sales for the dogs to have!

Baby socks as booties? Might need to try that as don't want to spend $50 on them. :p

Ozfozz

Highbread Dingbat
I have one of these

For teaching Cobain to stack things, does that count? :lol-sign:

MicksMom

I have one of these

For teaching Cobain to stack things, does that count? :lol-sign:
"Wellys" (Wellness' spokesdog) has one of those, too.

Caleb has a bunch of baby/toddler toys in his stash, as well as some "receiving" blankets (at least that's what they were called when our boys were babies). Babywipes- great for a quick wipe of face, ear and paws. And the occasional full body wipe down.

I used to use the jars of baby food meats add to meals, etc but Caleb can't have them. We tossed the crib mattress after Mick died. We just don't have the space for one.

I used to make Mick's birthday cakes using jarred baby food.

Oh- washcloths! I have a bunch of the small, microfiber ones. They're a nice size for washing faces and ears at bath time.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Not kid related- but for feeding wet food/kong suffing I use the itty bitty soft spatulas for cupcakes!

I am currently planning on making dog panties from toddler underwear, though!

Maxy24

The only thing we use is a cabinet lock to keep Tucker out of the trash. Oddly when we had guests over for the first time after installing the lock no one asked or seemed confused as to why we had a baby lock on our trash cabinet.

When he was young we had baby blankets in his crate, but now he has a dog bed in there.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
It's called the Dex in closet cubby, it's made for nurseries but SO GOOD for dog closets

I shove poop bags in pockets on the side, extra collars on top, sweaters etc..etc.. it's just so handy for everything

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
The colorful toddler food storage containers for storing Snipe's flyball treats
Various puffs and yogurt drops as treats
Receiving blankets for bedding
Bottle brush for Kong cleaning
Second hand toddler toys for trick training

(And I totally buy the fruit/veggie puree pouches as good, healthy travel snacks for me. ;) )

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Occasionally several of these items converge and I find myself using a baby spoon to spoon baby food into a chihuahua wrapped in a baby blanket. He's never going to grow up and turn into a real dog, is he?

Members online

No members online now.