Wannabe Photography (Portland, Food, and Lake House)

Equinox

Sometimes, I take pictures of things that aren't dogs (or cats)! Wanted to share a few that I've taken and edited over the last month or two.

I'm still pretty clueless about photography, and definitely wouldn't mind constructive criticism for my pictures! Most of them are casual, for fun snapshots, but I'm sure I can still learn a thing or two from Chaz photographers.

First, some pictures from our lake house trip a few years ago that I only just got to edit. This was only a month or two after I got my DSLR, but it shows a new editing style/process that I wanted to share.

The gorgeous lake house

The outside

At the nearby beach

Equinox

And now, food!

Some desserts my mother made for the holidays.

My lunch that day, because I already had my camera handy LOL

Equinox

Lastly, some pictures I took on a walk with a friend around Portland. Was trying to pick up a few new skills and the friend helped me out a great deal!

Thanks for looking!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Those food pictures look like something out of a magazine!

This one is really striking.

Equinox

Those food pictures look like something out of a magazine!
That's a huge compliment, thank you so much!! :eek: I saw some food photography tips on a random blog and had to give it a try. It's pretty cool how much I can do with natural lighting, a nice plate, and a dinner tray!

(Trent's not as impressed, because he didn't get to fill the role of food taster)

This one is really striking.
I really like this one, too! I was just lucky enough to be at the beach at the right time. This girl is one of my sister's best friends, and she's so fun to hang out with and take pictures of.

Equinox

Lovely photos...

Your mom's desserts look amazing :)
Thank you! And my mom is pretty awesome, definitely one of the reasons I love being home!!

GAH! Those food photos are AMAZING!
Thank you so much, that means a lot!! Was my first real try at food photography, so I was pretty excited about the results!

For anyone interested, here's the page I got the tips from: http://pinchofyum.com/ten-household-items-that-can-improve-your-food-photography

Members online

No members online now.