best collar in the world

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Once again i am grateful for these collars..i buy them by the handful at Deals..they are only a dollar, and granted the clasp is cheap and wears out..but still the design is wonderful, the ring large and easy to access and most of all...
tonight when i was leaving mom's..it is dark, i am trying to get out the door with this big frog rock, and Victor, plus my permenant glass of ice tea that is always in my hand ( i am always thirsty) anyway HYia had to try for one more kiss and hug pushing the door even further open and Mr Shaffer shot out the door..and disapeared. I put all the junk and Vic in the car and began circling the block calling..thinking THANK GOD he has his refective collar on..and thinking that more and more with each round about not seeing him anywhere..i was beginning to seriously worry when i saw that bright green light at the top of the yard across the street from Mom's. So he chased my car around the block two times (just as a reward for coming when called) and then i told Mom i found him. He ran thru the poison ivy the neighbors love to grow across the street so he is now at my house drying from his bath. I have given Onyx two of these collars, and stuck one on a neighbor's dog that they let run at night. Vic wears one even tho he is white to begin with. I wouldn't have anything else on a dog that i didn't trust one hundred percent.

Attachments

gapeach

Big Mutts
My Mama just bought one for Angel kinda like that. My husband bought a cat collar for Smokey (it had a bell on it) for Christmas b/c he was getting lost outside all the time. Think I'll get one forCarey too. Although she almost always comes when I call her, you can never be too careful. Plus she rolled in some poop last week and got it on her collar, so she isn't wearing one at all. I washed it but still :eek:

I need to find something like that before I hit the rivers with Bluedawg, make him easy to spot with a spotlight. Might do a bell but the bears know what that means, maybe a flashing light for his collar.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
BLue i got an extra...should fit your dog..pm me your address and i will stick it in the post..i have never seen them anywhere else but for a buck you can't go wrong.
Gapeach, when i lost my little dog after having her for 15 years..she had no collar on.never again. If my dog goes outside, the collar goes on. i do take them off when they are inside or going to bed because they have slick hair no undercoat and i don't want it to wear off..i about lost my mind trying to find the dog that had slept with her head on my pillow since i was 5 years old...never ever found out what happened.

Saje

Island dweller
some people put those bicycle lights on the dogs colour when they are out camping or whatever. We had them for mav when he was a pup cuz we walked him mostly in the late evening and he'd disappear. He drowned two of them I think. They have them at the dollar stores here.

Where do you find them? I have joked to my son before and told him i was going to invent a colllar that glows in the dark. My dogs are wierd when it rains they won't go to the backyard to potty. They head straight for the front door.So that is the only time we let them go in front. It's like a treat for them. Well when it is dark poor Odo just fades into the night. I try to keep a flash light near the door but most of the time someone has moved it.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have another collar that does glow in the dark and has circles that reflect bright white..but it is not as effective as this one. i don't know if you have a DEALS but that is where i find them..they don't have them all the time so when they do i get spares.The one that glows in the dark only has to have a few seconds of light to shine..but this green one is positively brilliant..it is an inch wide and tho Mister Shaffer was far off the road and up on a hill a bit..i saw it as if it was lit from within..

gapeach

Big Mutts
Smkie, Sorry to hear about your pup Will have to buy Carey new one, haven't been shopping yet, old one is gross, don't know what kinda poop or whos

Smkie thatld be great, this bugger disappears in the dark even with his white belly. With his white belly its really hard to see him with snow on the ground with a flashlight.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
no sweat..i would be glad to get on to ya! That is an easy one...u will like it i am sure :D

I've been meaning to get May a reflective collar for a while now....she's such a dark chocolate and it's hard to see her in the dark.

bubbatd

The motion red light I have is called mini SPOTtag. It's shaped like a bone, about 2 " ,has two flashing lights. I put it on a clip for easy attachment. Very inexpensive. Got it over the internet.

bubbatd

Just checked on line....mini SPOTtag came up through Google.....$9.99 at PetSmart....$5.49 through jefferpet.com You can see the flash up to 1/3 of a mile. Water proof.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
My friend Helen has a little tiny Daschund X Jack Russell called Hazel. Our other friend Juliette does alot of cycling at night, So Juliette bought one of those refective waterproof jackets with detachable sleeves, but she never used the sleeves so Helen asked if she could have them and Juliette said sure she could have them. Helen cut little leg holes in the sleeve and made it into a little pull on jacket for Hazel!!! It is so cute!! And she said it was simple to do! I thought it was a good idea!! Lol! Athough would only work with an itty bitty dog!! lol! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
there was a lady in the isle when i was picking up a couple more..and she had a plain red collar in her hand..i told her i thought this one was a life saver..she just hurumphhhed..hope her dog never gets out....btw Gustav..we got our tick removers (i posted that my brother ordered each of us one) and he has already used his..said it worked like a charm and to send you his thanks!!!!!
oh and Blue..i got two extra when i picked up film this morning so all i need is an address to post..i don't think it will take much at all to send it so when ever u do i will. One buck is just so worth it...

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
smkie said:
btw Gustav..we got our tick removers (i posted that my brother ordered each of us one) and he has already used his..said it worked like a charm and to send you his thanks!!!!!
Oh I am glad!! :D No thanks required! I'm just glad to be able to give back ideas!!
They are really simple and easy to use, but so effective!! I love them because I don't have to worry about not getting the head out!!

Members online

No members online now.