Sunny's New Trick!

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Last night Tim and I were at walmart and saw these cute little hula hoops for 97 cents and thought "what the heck, why not buy one and teach Sunny to jump through?" so we did and he's having a BLAST with this new game. At first he tried to go under and around it for the treat instead of through(which he still does if I am up higher then he wants to leap for the treat, but hey it is still his first day) but by the end of today he was leaping back and forth through for animal crackers while the hoop was about 1 foot off the ground! As soon as he figured out I would go all to pieces with excitement when he made it he just went right through when I said "hoop". :D Such a smart puppy I have here! (oh and he learned crawl and bow too, which we worked on when he was smaller but he didn't really get reliably, which he does now) Sorry to keep bragging about this guy but he's my one real source of pride lately besides my husband and well, this is a dog forum not an "I ADORE MY HUSBAND" forum so I'll keep on posting about Sunny and his progress until you guys say to stop. :D

gapeach

Big Mutts
We wouldn't say stop, I love hearing Sunny's stories! And yeah he is a smart little guy. :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My dogs LOVE LOVE LOVE the hoop..(have you seen Bronki in my gallery?) even silly sally loved to go thru..she would have to circle me a dozen times to get up her courage..am looking forward to working Vic on it this summer...gotta get a pic!!! GO SUNNYPUP GO!

candy722

Wow Sunny is a smart boy. Toki doesn't like to learn. He only learns for treats. hehe

Sunny just loves to play games and make you happy, doesn't he?

I can picture trying to teach my three to jump through a hoop:

Shiva - grabs hoop and takes off with it
Kharma - sits and gives me the 'long face' clearly thinking, "you surely can't mean you expect me to jump through hoops for you!"
Bimmer - shakes head, goes through once because I want him to, then looks at me, makes some of his wolfy noises, making it clear that he thinks it's foolishness and he has varmints to track and cows to count.

Now, if I could get Charley to jump through a few hoops for me . . . :p

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Renee750il said:
Sunny just loves to play games and make you happy, doesn't he?

I can picture trying to teach my three to jump through a hoop:

Shiva - grabs hoop and takes off with it
Kharma - sits and gives me the 'long face' clearly thinking, "you surely can't mean you expect me to jump through hoops for you!"
Bimmer - shakes head, goes through once because I want him to, then looks at me, makes some of his wolfy noises, making it clear that he thinks it's foolishness and he has varmints to track and cows to count.

Now, if I could get Charley to jump through a few hoops for me . . . :p

ROFL !!!! Sunny is definatly a people pleaser...or atleast a Tim and Chrissy pleaser. :D For the record Sunny did try to take the hoop as a chew toy but found it too cumbersome to move around with so don't go thinking he's as innocent as he looks :rolleyes: I can just picture your guys. In the first place that would have to be a BIIIIG hoop ! :D As for Charley...good luck on that and if I figure out how to get Tim to do it I'll let you know!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Yay! We love you Sunny!! :D Gus insists on following Cavan over jumps when i'm jumping him!! :rolleyes: He seems to be saying any thing he can do I can do better!! Look mummy!! :D

Members online

No members online now.