trudy old dog story

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
trudy is totally deaf now..and grizzled ,,but oh my can she run.
Mom told me this story yesterday..Mr Shaffer and Victor were running in the back yard,,the driveway is the length of the property, so about an acre and a half..back and forth they were chasing each other. Mom looked out the window and trudy was running right with them..(we have had her for 15 years and she was no spring chicken when i brought her home from the raytown pound) so mom was amazed that she was keeping up..then she thought are they chasing her? so she called the boys in. Trudy just kept running back and forth..so mom got worried thought she might give herself a little heart attack so mom went down and got her attention and got her to come inside..and put the boys back out. Trudy kept running inside..we can only think it is another moment of her confusion. She is having those more and more these days..but talk about a tuff old gurl!!!!!!!!! SHe likes the boys and doesn't hesitate a moment going outside with the dogs three times her size. I will post a pic of her later today after i stop by mom's and borrow one. Many people think she is a fox. When i brought her home from the shelter you could tell that she had pups somewhere. i was absolutely not thinking when i took her over to the kennels to show my boss..there was a litter in the whelping box..trudy lit up..she must have thought i found her puppies too.she ran over and leaped into the box only to find they were not hers. I couldn't keep her because as crazy as this sounds the dog would not stop lickin me..it starting in the car on the way home..it was literally 24-7..i couldn't sleep and had to pull my hands up in my sleeves..any exposed skin..finally i gave up and MOm took her. I gave it three months thinking surely she will get tired of this..but she didn't. She could slick that tongue right up a nostril when i tried to sleep..it was just crazy! Mom has taken excellent care of her and she has had a lovely long life there.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Awww, Trudy sounds like a doll!! With all the licking she was probably thanking you for rescuing her and she was just very very gratefull!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I cannot take being licked non stop..it was beyond compulsive..three months is a long time..i tried everything including spraying ME with bitter apple. SHe never did it to anyone else.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
smkie said:
I cannot take being licked non stop..it was beyond compulsive..three months is a long time..i tried everything including spraying ME with bitter apple. SHe never did it to anyone else.
You must be delicious!! :D

bubbatd

I'm old and wrinkled because lotion to Chip is like bacon grease !!!! I slather, he licks !

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my dogs must know instinctively that i am not fond of it..Victor does scrub my palm but that is different..there is nothing worse then trying to sleep and having Trudy sneak up and slather you before you can get your head back under the blanket..i have a video of my daughter at he kennels when she was about 12..i call it Mypy gets a thousand kisses.. now i really do think she must taste good for all the dogs lick her!
Victor and i have a kind of nudge and hug thing..bump and lean..any of this i prefer to being scrubbed with spit.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sounds like Vic and Mr. Schaffer will keep Trudy young. I'm find the same thing with CJ as she ages. All the animals keep her alert and it's great exercise.

Members online

No members online now.