Dogs and Cuddly Toys

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
Misha has become best friends with my cuddly Bagpuss (not sure if you got it in the US, it was a 1970's children's programme with a saggy old cloth cat). This is a cat size cuddly toy that yawns when you squeeze it's noses. She always trys to take if off me, likes to chew it and will sit there kind of whining and chewing at the same time. If I take it off her she starts to yoddle at me and if I pretend to cuddle it she goes mental. Bagpuss is now looking like a saggy and smelly old cat thanks to Misha, lol. I'm in trouble when my sister visits in a few weeks, it was a birthday present a few years back from her....oopps!!! :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I remember Bagpuss! (Just) He used to scare me!! :( Misha has obviously taken a real shine to Bagpuss!! Good job it's not a real cat ;) It may take exception to her knawing on it!! lol! My mum's dog Barley did the same once when I was visiting, I had a huge pair of novelty teddy bear slippers and he stole them and wouldn't let me have them back!! Mum calls them his babys now because he grooms them and looks after them like a baby!! Funny old things these dogs are!

bonster

Disappointed :(
lol - thats funny! bonnie is the same with soft toys - she just needs to learn that if she sees an ornamental teddy bear on a side somewhere not to run off into the garden with it! she has quite a collection of soft toys including dog toys like slippers, which I'll probably regret!
bagpuss, yes I remember bagpuss (that shop always seemed a bit 'spooky' to me though!!) - and all the other things of the time, like fingermouse, the clangers etc :D

(just to remind us or give those who haven't a clue what this is about - see http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/bagpuss/intro.htm)

bubbatd

My dogs ( and grand-dogs) have always loved their stuffed babies. May be a retriever thing. Never tear them up. I get them at Goodwill. Hunter was here one time when I had washed them and they were ready to remove from the dryer. He went nuts taking them out one by one and taking them to the living room. You would have thought that he had found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow! Love those woobies !!

Bailey does pretty good with stuffed toys. Blue on the other hand plays with them with the intent to spread the stuffing as far as posible. He had a life size German Shepherd stuffed toy that he ripped the nose out, first ime both dogs saw that toy it scared the crap out of them.

Fran27

I kinda want to get some for my boy as he loves all the cloth things he can get (napkins, towels, socks, you name it), but my husband doesn't want him to get used to chewing on furry things or cloth. Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.