Nedim and Mini G's progress!!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Do you have a fenced in yard? If you don't and want her to run around more than just on a leash with you, maybe buy the anchor you screw into the ground with the long cable attached. You can buy this at a pet store. I would hate to see Peanut get away again and maybe get hurt.

nedim

Thats a really good idea. I'll talk my mom into getting one next time we go to a pet store.

If you don't have a fenced yard, I'd get a chain. There are one's that go up in the air called Skyline Runs. One chain goes up in air (attached to say, two trees), and another one with a clip for your dog's collar hangs down. It works very well--no getting tangled up.

nedim

Well, we're getting a fence put up soon, as soon as we finish the "tree" project.

EliNHunter

Nedim, I can relate! My lab who passed away (Yogi) would bolt at the first chance! He's be gone for like an hour and I would be beside myself, driving around, calling, etc.! It was so scary. One time it was at night and I walked the neighborhood calling for him in the dark. I heard some people in the next door neighborhood that butts up to mine partying, having fun, etc. They heard me calling him and yelled out "He's IN OUR HOT TUB!!!" :rolleyes: Thus I was able to collect my party crasher!

nedim

Lol, thats hilarious. At least he knew where to go. :D Yes, the tree project is the cutting and trimming of the trees.

necterine0

Gustav said:
Oh it's soooo scary when they run away!! Poor you!! Best thing to do is run off in the other direction!! They think it's a game and run back after you!! Lol! :D
That got me thinking. Sometimes when i let Odo out to the front yard for just a few min, he will get hard headed and not come to me. There are a couple of things i can do to get him to come. I say Odo get your leash and he comes running to the open door and comes in and starts looking for the leash...The other thing is i go open the car door and say bye bye and he fly's into the car..Works every time.:D

nedim

I think another good method is just to walk away, and they will follow.

bubbatd

Nedim , I have a cable that circles a tree with about an 18' line. It's good as you can easily take it anywhere with you and the dogs don't get tangled in it. Got it a petsmart. The over head thingy works well , but this is easy to move and change.

nedim

Well, with the tree project underway.. I dont have much trees left that are in a good location to hold Peanut. I will consider it, but I dont know yet.

P.S. Hey guys(and gals) please read what I have so far in my essay I posted at the hydrant. It is due tomorrow, but I'd like varied opinions. it is a tad gruesome.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I think you can't beat a good solid fence!! :D We have 8ft stone walls enclosing our garden so there is no chance of Gus escaping! lol!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
You should watch Peanut when you get the fence to see if she digs. Lucas use to like to dig under the fence, but if you put a liner type of thing along the bottom of the fence they can't dig out. Just something to watch if you get a fence.

Members online

No members online now.