Tear stains?

Sekah

The Monster.
Megatron has some nasty tear stains right now. It looks like she's been punched. Twice. She's never had them before, so I'm not too sure how best to clean them. What products do people use? Will routine washing with soap & water work or will I need a product more geared towards tear stains? How fast can I expect to be able to get rid of them? Can I get rid of them?

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Emma and Rylie have them :( Emma's had them since she was a young puppy, and Rylie's are somewhat recent (past year or so).

They're all on a raw diet, and drink bottled/filtered water. I know they're from allergies, as they'll go away during low allergy months... but then they'll come back.

I just started them on Angel Eyes Natural 4 days ago, so I'll let you know how that works out. It's supposed to take at least a couple of weeks for results.

http://www.angelseyesnatural.com/details.htm

I wash their eyes daily with a warm, wet cloth, and it doesn't do anything for the stains.

I've heard of people using tums or apple cider vinegar to try to change their ph levels, but I'm not sure of how well they work.

If the Angel Eyes Natural doesn't work, my next plan is to order Eye Envy- it's topical.

http://www.eyeenvy.com/

Giny

I have a cream colored dog, Kassie, who had, for most of her early life, tear stained issues (even stained feet due to licking). We stumbled upon a cure by accident. She also suffers from colitis her whole life and a few years ago the vet gave us probiotics to help with her colitis and within a month of being on it, I noticed her staining disappear. I didn't realize why it disappeared at first until I read on how probiotics has helped with some cases of tear staining.

This is how she looked before. I tried everything to help it out, except for low does antibiotic, which was not something I was willing to due.

And this is how she's been ever since, not once has the staining come back.

Members online

No members online now.