my dog wont eat

:eek: my dog wont eat anymore no matter wat i do
shes 9yr old golden retriever shes never been sick in her life ever before
ive put some broth on her food and she wont even it that
sometimes she will cough
her teeth are fine there isnt anything wrong with her teeth
im going to call the vet tomorrow
please help :(

You did the right thing, making an appointment with the vet. When a dog won't eat there is something wrong.

Let us know what the vet says. We all care here.

R

Run_like_A_Dog

Im sorry i didnt post earlier but its been too hard

we took Sadie to the vet and he took samples from her stomach and they were filled with blood. he said she had a ruptured spline.... that there might be either cancer or a tumor in her spline that caused her to have blood pour into her stomach. my dad told me to take sadie out of the room so he could talk to our vet and when i was in the waiting room i started to cry. everyone in the office was staring at me but i didnt care. My dad walked out and as we headed toward the car i started to break down i was shaking and could hardly breathe my dad was trying to stay strong but he ended up crying as well. that is the only time ive ever seen him cry. as we sat on the bench he told me that if we put her through surgery that she would be having more pain than she is having now and it was a 50-50 chance she would ever recover. so i told him that i didnt want her to suffer any more. we put sadie back in the car and drove home. when i stepped into the house i had three pairs of red sobbing faces looking at Sadie. Sadie was more than a dog to us she was a Nanny and a best friend to me and my brother a sister to my sister a daughter to my mom and a best friend to my dad. we all sat on the floor with sadie and pet her and gave her popsicles and toast and we said our good-byes. people that loved sadie over the years came to say good-bye and cried as well. My dad and my sister put sadie in the car. as my brother mom and i stood in the front yard sobbing and saying good-bye to our best friend for the past 9 years. I didnt want my last memory of Sadie at the vet my last memory of her would be favorite place in the world... the car. When they left my cousin who had came over my brother and i went to the backyard and started to dig her grave still crying. it is a beautiful place in the backyard full of flowers and next to a tree. they came home with Sadie wrapped in a blanket and as we put her in al of us crying my poodle lexi looked over the edge of the grave whimpering. that made me break down. lexi and Sadie were best friends and it was just so sad. We all said something from our memory or from the bible and my was from Matthew...
Blessed are the Merciful for they shall obtain Mercy'
Blessed are the pure of heart for they shall see God
Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God
and as we put the dirt over Sadie we said our good byes and we put flowers over her grave and a plague over it.
I will miss her and remember everything about her till i die
Jenny
Also the vet said that it was out of love that Sadie lived so long he said that the extent of her illness any other dog wouldve been dead.

Oh, Jenny, I am so, so sorry. My heart aches for you and your family. What you said and wrote is a perfect, loving tribute to your Sadie.

This is one of my favorite verses from any book. It won't stop your grief, but I hope it will lift your heart:

All animals that roam the earth, and all birds that fly through the air, form communities like your own. We have left out nothing from our book. All animals and all birds will be gathered before their Lord.

-Qur'an, Al-An'am, Surah 6:38-39

My thoughts are with you and your family. Sadie was blessed to have such a wonderful home full of love.

Chazhound

R

Run_like_A_Dog

thanks everyone
its been really hard with out her but your support made it better. ive been trying to get back into the flow of things and whenever i get home i still see her hair and her favorite spots to sleep but i am glad that she is happy in heaven with God

I'm really sorry to hear that! They grow so close to us don't they! Sounds like she had a wonderful family that provided many LOVING years for her!

Members online

No members online now.