Leah, the Search dog who has stumped vets.

SpringerLover

Have they considered Blue Pearl referral? The U is never my favorite choice after being there myself and hearing others experiences.

PennyD

I am glad they are looking into getting the tests done like the MRI but still- that's really sad, I really hope that everything turns out okay.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I am glad they are looking into getting the tests done like the MRI but still- that's really sad, I really hope that everything turns out okay.
All relevant tests, including MRI, have been done and all of them have come back normal.

My friend doesn't know if this helps at all, but she had sometimes seen this tv show about people that had unexplainable illnesses: Mystery Diagnosis

At least in some of the cases the reason for them getting ill was found in peculiar things. So, does that help although it's not about dogs?

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
Necropsy results came back,
Final diagnosis is Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis.

Vet's comments: "The histology features of the non-suppurative Meningoencephalitis in this case are most consistent with the entity "Granulomatous Meningoencephalitis" (GME). GME is a relatively common, progressive, invariably fatal neurologic disease of unknown origin that occurs most commonly in dogs of small breeds (e.g. Terriers and toy breeds). The reported age range is 6 months to 12 years."

joce

Did she have to be pts or pass on her own?

Was this like a tumor or a sheath issue? Dont think I've heard of this. I swear I see more and more neuro issues with dogs so always like to learn.

So sorry to hear this :(

Members online

No members online now.