Middie had his first night loose in the house last night..

noludoru

Bored Now.
And, um, completely by accident, too!

I have a door in my bedroom that often wont close because it gets too big for the frame, so I shove it shut as well as I can most nights. Emma apparently got it open last night, waltzed into the room, and Middie got out.

The good:
- no countersurfing - even though there was a bowl full of rice and one with some tomato soup there, and avocado, some bananas, and bread
- no peeing or pooping in the house - and he's had a very upset tummy for the last week, so that's been a problem.. I'm honestly astonished he didn't go anywhere last night.
- no harassment of Chili - she appeared grumpy but not her usual traumatized, shell-shocked panicky self after he has chased her.
- no destruction of objects - he apparently kept himself occupied by a knucklebone on the rug for a few hours, no idea where he filched that from, but nothing else is destroyed/damaged or even slobbered on

The bad:
- he got into the kitty litter boxes and ate litter/pee/poop again

The ugly:
- after four days of diarrhea and a few more of sloppy poops, I had finally begun to wean him back onto his kibble, and now I'm going to have diarrhea and an upset tummy for at least a few days.. AGAIN... argh
- he tracked litter everywhere.. and it was ALL over him so I had to give him a bath

Over all, a LOT better than it could have been.. but still... ARGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I got revenge during his bath, though. *cackles*

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
I think we need pics of this "revenge" :D

Sounds like he did good, a lot better than I probably would have woken up to, lol. Except for that whole kitty litter thing...ew...

noludoru

Bored Now.
HAHAHA the revenge was just using the perfumey soap he HATES and washing his face with it, too. :D He had kitty little up to his eyeballs, so it really needed to be done anyhow. But his expression.. PRICELESS. "OMFG U comin' near mah face with that!? WHY?? GET AWAY FROM ME!!! NO! NO! You can't dooo this!!!!!"

The soap smells really good though.. it's eathbath... peppermint and eucalyptus.. and he hates it with a passion, now. But it does make him smell good.. I guess I'll just reserve it for baths when he's been bad.

2BlackDogs

You were pretty lucky. I've already seen the damage Dixie can do with just 2 hours being left alone. I don't even want to think about what she would get into and destroy for a full night. She's have herself a party!

Awww . . . Middie was a good boy! So he treated himself to some kitty roca . . . But at least he smells good now :D

I was a little worried about what Tallulah would get into at first, but she's so happy to be curled up on the pillows at the top of the bed that she doesn't move all night.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Good for him. Maybe you can start letting him out slowly now and see how he does. :D I hope his tummy feels better.

noludoru

Bored Now.
The kitty litter seems to not have upset his stomach at all... little weirdo.

And no, he isn't going to have free roam of the house - or even a large area of it - at night until he completely ignores Chili all the time. And honestly, maybe not even then. I don't trust her not to attack him and I don't trust him not to try to play with her and accidentally hurt her or get hurt himself.

noludoru

Bored Now.
We had one of those, and while I love the look and the concept.... it was a pain. We could never find bags the right size/shape, the lid was hard to fit into the box, Tom liked to pee on the sides/rim of his litter boxes so when you opened it up you got pee everywhere... it just didn't work out for us. I love them, though, and i wish they had worked.

Members online

No members online now.