Karma can FLY!

We've been keeping up with practicing at the lake and Karma now absolutely loves it! Planning to take it to a lake with a dock this saturday and if that goes well a pool rental on sunday and hope she starts jumping before the next comp since I REALLY wanna enter her...

And we have lift off...

She can fly!

er maybe not...

Me thinks she needs her very own cape!

Really need to invest in some new bumpers. We almost lost this one when she ended up going over threshold thanks to some idiots walking their dogs off leash(they were collarless as well and no leash anywhere in sight) in a strictly on leash area and had zero voice control over them so they charged up to her and well yeah she completely forgot about her bumper, but we managed to save it

just a little puppy torture... she ended up climbing up there and grabbed it down

focused puppy

Ok so I lied we'll be doing dock dogs and UAD.

So big news Karma jumped off the dock for the first time ever! Tried Abby and she was all "no way in heck" sigh... But we'll keep working on it and so proud of karma bean!

Muttkip

LABRADERP!

So big news Karma jumped off the dock for the first time ever! Tried Abby and she was all "no way in heck" sigh... But we'll keep working on it and so proud of karma bean!
Congrats on Karma jumping I'm so happy for you!!!!! It's an amazing feeling when they get off the dock for the first time!

See you at Rucker's on Sunday!!!! Outlaw will be jumping at 10 and 12 :)!

Are you doing the chase method or place and send?

DJEtzel

Yay! I only compete in UAD... I know nothing about how the other orgs run.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
She is gorgeous!

For those if you that dock dive, how do you encourage the dog to jump into the water vs just plow in, especially if you're working from a shore where there is no drastic change in elevation?

Abrams loves to jump and his retrieving drive has increased exponentially as he's matured (and he's tried to jump off of piers before o_O) and I'd love to see how he could actually jump, but I don't know of any areas I can have him safely jump off.

Congrats on Karma jumping I'm so happy for you!!!!! It's an amazing feeling when they get off the dock for the first time!

See you at Rucker's on Sunday!!!! Outlaw will be jumping at 10 and 12 :)!

Are you doing the chase method or place and send?
Looks like we'll probably only be there on Saturday. Might try and get in a wave on sunday, but we have soccer conflicts so not sure if I'll be able to make it.

I'm still trying to work out which method works best for her, but right now we're mainly doing place and send until she gets more fluid jumping of the dock

For those if you that dock dive, how do you encourage the dog to jump into the water vs just plow in, especially if you're working from a shore where there is no drastic change in elevation? .
I'm absolutely no help here. Karma just did it naturally where as Abby on the other hand just plows in.

DJEtzel

She is gorgeous!

For those if you that dock dive, how do you encourage the dog to jump into the water vs just plow in, especially if you're working from a shore where there is no drastic change in elevation?

Abrams loves to jump and his retrieving drive has increased exponentially as he's matured (and he's tried to jump off of piers before o_O) and I'd love to see how he could actually jump, but I don't know of any areas I can have him safely jump off.
I've never had to encourage a dog to jump into the water instead of plow in. Some do it naturally and some don't, but even those that do it naturally - it's no indication of how they would jump off a dock, so I don't really care how they go in. :p

Members online

No members online now.