Hoarding

Wondering if anyone elses dogs do this...
When Jack gets almost to the end of his bully stick or other similar chewie, he will take it and try to find a place to stash it. I can count three corners right now that have loot in them. He goes nuts until he finds what he thinks is a safe place to put it. I mean, he will put it somewhere, go back and get it and look for a better place. Why does he do that??

By the way, I wanted to post another picture of Jack but now it says I can't post attatchments! Why? I just posted one a while ago!

Athe

Our dogs still have "some" of their wild instincts. In the wild relatives of our dogs will bury excess food for later. It's remarkable how wolves can bury excess meat and find it weeks later. My Rottweiler will bury her bones when she is finished chewing for the day, then she digs them up the next day to continue chewing.

Kharma steals things and 'stashes' them in various and sundry nests full of loot :rolleyes: I've found all sorts of stuff . . . Shiva's toys, my bras, other clothing items, a couple of books :confused: . . .

Shiva stashes food - mainly stolen peanut butter jars - so she can go back and have more later. She's stopped doing it as much though, as she's figured out that Kharma just finds it and transfers it one of her own piles of loot . . . and Kharma hides her stuff much better than Shiva does, usually someplace that Shiva can't quite reach as Kharma is more flexible than Shiva and can get into some very tight spots, lol!

oriondw

user not active
My guy has a small next with all his toys in a living room, he'll take his bones and such there and hide under the table.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
Dogs are so funny lol They find the oddest places to stash stuff. Riot hasn't gotten into that, although I'm sure he will. I remember when i first got Riot, our female Sheltie, Jada decided that since she was the only pup old enough to do the stairs, she'd grba all her toys and bring them downstairs away from Riot so he couldn't play with them lol

avenlee

Nora has a bunch of hiding places. Between couch cushions, behind couches. I caught her stuffing her toys under the couch one time. She lays on her side and shoves them in with her legs. Then if you go near the couch she'll perk up and run over to make sure your not stealing anything. LOL Sadie, on the other hand, could care less. She's more concerned with getting her tummy rubs and following me everywhere in the house. I have to go a bit off topic here ... Sadie WILL follow me everywhere and the other day I was a bit annoyed with it. I got up to use the bathroom and she nudged the door open and I yelled "geesh, can I at least go to the bathroom; lay down!" then I closed the door and sure enough, when I opened the door, there was Sadie laying down right by the door. I don't know, I thought it was funny how she listened and layed down but she wasn't going nowhere!

Dreeza

LOL, your doggies are so funny!! Riot...that is hilarious!

oakley just leaves his bones wherever he wants...he doesnt bother hiding them at all, lol

Members online