Ordering Revolution or Comfortis from Canada?

Crowsfeet

facetious.
Hi folks.

Recently my dog is very, very itchy. I no longer trust over the counter products.

This wouldn't be such a big deal - but we went into the veterinary clinic and unfortunately we were denied Revolution because Happy's routine shots have recently been dated - which at the clinic, would cost an extra $150+ in addition to the revolution. We need to wait til early/mid fall to get shots at a low income clinic, because I cannot afford the median prices right now.

In the meantime, baths are helping, but I definitely don't have time to give baths every other day. Does anyone know of the site you used to be able to order Revolution from a place in Canada?

It would be so helpful.

Thanks!

As far as I know, you still need a prescription to order revolution online.

Your vet can only require you to have had an exam on your pet in the past year, at least in Ontario. You aren't required to vaccinate your pet, except for rabies, and even then that isn't enforced by your vet.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Revolution is prescription only, even when purchasing online. (One of) the reason(s) it is prescription only is due to the fact that it is also a heartworm preventative. And if your dog is heartworm positive, the medication can have ill effects.

Is your pooch itchy because of fleas, or is it allergy related? There are quite a few over the counter topical flea products that are actually quite reputable. Advantage II, Frontline Plus, Advantix, Seresto collars, etc, etc. If it's fleas, I'd be using one of those topicals and treating the environment with a flea spray that kills adults, eggs, and larvae. Flea baths don't do a lot of good in preventing reinfestation, they just kill what's on the pet.

And from my own personal experiences...it can take quite a bit if time to stop seeing fleas on your pet. After treating Histamine with a prescription grade topical and treating the environment, I was still seeing fleas 2-3 weeks past that point. A month later, now, and no more fleas.

If it is allergies, you could try giving Benadryl to see if that calms down the itching. Dose is 1mg/lb.

Members online

No members online now.