Losing toys...

Fran27

Oh those dogs, they make me nuts sometimes, lol.

They keep losing some of their toys. Lately, they have lost a rope toy, and all their chewing bones, and they're short on chewing toys again. I suspect them to burry them outside :rolleyes:

But anyway, off to petsmart I go... My husband rolled his eyes when I said I was going to buy them more toys, but Tips is teething and I don't want him to start chewing furniture because we're out of chew toys, lol. And last night Boris was chewing his wire crate, poor boy.

But again, I love buying them new toys, and we probably have 12 or so left, they just don't play with all of them... How many toys do your dogs have? My husband thinks I am crazy, lol.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
I know what you mean, I love buying toys for Misha, she is always so thrilled when she gets a new one. I try to limit how many she has out at one time, but she always has her favourites out, a squeaky ball and Bagpuss (stuffed toy). What are Tips and Boris' favourite toys?

Becca_

chowchow
We have a sterio rack in our bedroom, has albums (yes albums), turntable. Anyway, last night Princess was laying on the floor digging under it, trying hard to get something. She had a toy under it! I'll find the toys in the oddest places, I dont know if they kick them into places or if they are hiding them. I also find alot of indoor toys outdoors.

avenlee

I have another thread under dog stories about Nora hiding her toys. This thread just reminded me of another thing she did that had me cracking up. One of her favorite toys is her sqeeky dog (its nice a squishy) I was letting them outside through our doggie door and the toy was laying on the deck (I don't know how it got there) but, Nora went running out and spotted her beloved queeky dog. She stopped short and grabbed it and ran back in the doggie door and dropped the toy just inside the door and then ran back out to do her business. I don't I thought it was cute and hillarious. What a nut. Sadie doesn't really play wit toys anymore but she loves her golfballs. She will just walk around with one in her mouth.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have had to throw out a lot of teddys toys because he shredded them lol last night i had to do emergency surgery on his stuffed dog lol he ripped a hole right in his bum and started pulling out the stuffing lol so i had to stuff it all back in and sew him up lol he is in recovery now. lol

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Yes, keep buying toys! You don't want them to get in the habit of chewing other things. LoL, I guess I'm lucky. Zeus never "loses" his toys. I just find them scattered around the house in pieces...

Becca_

chowchow
Princess wont stop until she gets all the stuffing out, then places with the once was a stuffed toy. I feel like I should remove all the stuffing first then give it to her to play with!

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
lol Teddy doesn't tear up his stuffed animals unless there is a tiny bit of fluff sticking out. Then its over lol he has to tear it apart and get the rest of the stuffing out lol

Fran27

I can't get anything stuffed or in any kind of soft rubber or it gets torn in pieces in no time lol. The vet gave me a stuffed toy when I went on Tuesday and I haven't dared giving it to them... Boris destroyed his last one in 5 minutes.

Their favorite are of the 'lifestages' brand really. The ring with the balls being their favorite, with rope toys. I got them a few more of the brand (the rope ball with some chewing rubber and the big blue ball with lots of knots), another rope toy (they lost one, the one that's left is really small), and two sterilized bones. I love those, they chew them for ages and have only managed to break a few pieces of one so far (which I got rid of). The only problem is they have lost three already. I had to buy two or they fight for it though...

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
The problem I have is Zeus really, really likes soft stuffed toys. But with his size, he rips them to pieces in minutes. He has no interest in hard toys, like the Kongs. At Petco, I finally found a soft toy that works. It's a length of firehose (same as firefighters use), stuffed and securely sealed at the ends. He's had it for a month and hasn't managed to destroy it yet. *crosses fingers*

ohmai

My pup doesn't have that much in my opinion. He's got a nylabone he hardly chews, a kong he hardly plays with unless I fill it, a small bouncy ball he loves, and 2 rope toys, a squeaky toy, and his pillow. He's good though, hardly any chewing, and his teething stage is coming up.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Teddy's fav toys are his tennis balls lol. He likes stuffed toys too and he is usually pretty good with them. He doesn't tear them apart unless there is fluff sticking out somewhere. Then he has to get the rest out lol but he still doesn't tear the toy up just pulls the stuffing out so we end up with a deflated toy lol.

Members online

No members online now.