Bluedawg got a bird!!

Let the little bugger out this morning and before I knew it he had a bird in his mouth. He wasnt all to gentle with the bird and I had to, lets say end things. This dog cant even catch the cat, and the cat to my knowlege has yet to get a bird. It was not how I wanted to start my day, but Bluedawg was sure proud of himself.

keyodie

Keyozilla
lol. that's funny, cute, and gross. I BET he was proud of himself! :D Pretty soon he'll be catching...I won't go there.

Fran27

My cat catches all sorts of things - rabbits, mice, birds. She tends to leave them outside now so Boris ends up eating them if we don't see them. Not too long ago there was a dead baby rabbit, we tried to take it from Boris but he was running everywhere so we couldn't catch it and he ended up eating the whole thing in a few seconds.

Yeah he sure was proud. Im hoping he caught the bird by suprise and there wont be a repeat performance.

Sad for the bird, but good for Blue! Maybe his hunting instincts are kicking in. You could look into lure coursing or agility to channel that great predatory/mental capacities away from the resident wildlife. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
told you that was a bird dog head..Victor had a dove last fall, we are hoping that it was ill in the first place, but he has become so good at sneaking up on them i am not sure. Do you know what kind of bird it was...i had a cat that could catch quail by jumping above them..talk about timing!

luvmydogs

i used to have a cat, that brought home rats bigger than him, and any other creature u can think of... :(

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
must be the cat i painted last night..Aaron my son took his cats to live with him and his girlfriend HORRRRAAAAYYYYYYYY i have had more then a decade with the great battle of Eddie, his body pieces on the front stoop to greet me every morning, (he doen'st like heads, tails, or intestines) ..and now the birds are coming back. I saw a baby robin under my grapefruit tree this morning and thought if eddie and dB were still here he'd be toast. Eddie and i have had a hate love..relationship since Aaron was 3..guess that is 15 years. I don't miss him an inch and neither does the natural world.

yanya

My older dog Patches got her a bird a few weeks ago. I was mowing the lawn and noticed it sunning next to my room. I verbally warned it that sooner or later I would have to let the dogs out...even poked it with a stick, but it refused to go anywhere. In the end, Patches came out...saw the bird...end of story.

Kharma has designs on the mockingbird that dive bombs her in the drive. She lays lower and lower for each pass, luring it to fly lower and lower to get at her. She's almost nailed it a couple of times. Bimmer and Buffy declared war on the buzzards. They came awfully close to getting a few of them while I was watching - I don't really want to know what happened when I wasn't . . . Those two worked together very efficiently.

When Purdue was getting elderly the starlings got brazen about stealing his food and he got pretty radical about thinning the starling population. He even caught one the day before he died . . .

Members online