Any last minute puppy advice? O.o

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
So, looks as though I will be picking my Siri up this Saturday in Michigan, barring any major complications. :yikes:

It's earlier than originally planned, but thanks to dumb border-crossing rules it was this weekend or wait another 3 months. I don't want to wait :p

So this week will be a flurry of buying puppy things (I have NOTHING, except some toys!) and puppy proofing the apartment. I was planning on having at least another whole month, crunch time!

Any words of wisdom would be great, no matter how small they may sound, I haven't had a puppy in 7 years!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
My only advice is relax and post lots of pictures. So exciting! :D

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Don't panic. That's seriously it. Don't panic if she spooks at something, snarks at another dog, cries the whole first night, etc.

DO. NOT. PANIC. :lol-sign:

This is a well-bred, excellently raised puppy and you are more than capable of handling anything she throws at you. :)

AND POST LOTS OF PICTURES.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Catch up on sleep and exercising the crap out of Frodo? :)
I plan on continuing the daily running of Frodo up at the hospital and at the park. If he's super tired he can't be an ass, right? :p

Good thing I bought a French Press this week, mmmm coffee...

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Don't panic. That's seriously it. Don't panic if she spooks at something, snarks at another dog, cries the whole first night, etc.

DO. NOT. PANIC. :lol-sign:

This is a well-bred, excellently raised puppy and you are more than capable of handling anything she throws at you. :)

AND POST LOTS OF PICTURES.
I think I need to leave post it notes all over the apartment that just say Do.Not.Panic. because I'm sure I will at least a couple times the first few weeks :p

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
I think I need to leave post it notes all over the apartment that just say Do.Not.Panic. because I'm sure I will at least a couple times the first few weeks :p
I was gonna add, "DO NOT PANIC*

*panicing is normal"

LOL

joce

Its natural! everything will just be going great and then poop and pee and stuffing will be everywhere and you will be thinking why the hell did I do this?!:eek::(:confused: :rofl1:

Have fun!!!!!! Enjoy the puppy breath! I would love a puppy just for a week and then give it back to someone:cool:

Seriously I crate trained every time and there was sooooo much whining, so ear plugs? Lots of chew toys. Don't let them get away with things now you won't later.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
SO excited for you!!!! And for the record, I knew you'd be getting her early.... no way could you resist. :)

Earplugs. Buy earplugs. :cool:

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
SO excited for you!!!! And for the record, I knew you'd be getting her early.... no way could you resist. :)

Earplugs. Buy earplugs. :cool:
This! Jones screamed for TWO WEEKS straight in the crate in the house. Nearly a MONTH in the crate in the car. Spare crate for the car is a good one!

Or soundblocking headphones. I just wore the ones I use to shoot with :p Can't hear crap out of those buggers.

Treats! Spare clickers! Small collars! (I thought I had a small enough collar for Jones. Turns out, no, no I didn't lol) Lightweight leashes! Slip leads for pottying at 2am! COFFEE

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Just smile, and work hard at noticing and reinforcing all the good things she does.

SMOOCH HER.

Also, when Squash was wee everyone was like... "enjoy this, you'll miss it when he's grown!" and I hated housetraining SO MUCH that I thought "yea eff that I can't WAIT until he's grown!" And now that he is... I miss puppy Squash sometimes... sometimes something fierce. SO ENJOY PUPPYNESS YOU WILL MISS IT WHEN SHE'S GROWN.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
This! Jones screamed for TWO WEEKS straight in the crate in the house. Nearly a MONTH in the crate in the car. Spare crate for the car is a good one!

Or soundblocking headphones. I just wore the ones I use to shoot with :p Can't hear crap out of those buggers.

Treats! Spare clickers! Small collars! (I thought I had a small enough collar for Jones. Turns out, no, no I didn't lol) Lightweight leashes! Slip leads for pottying at 2am! COFFEE
I just remember how loud Zing was in the car. Oh. My. Word. :lol-sign: I'm hoping since she is used to the crate, and used to being in a crate in the car, that she won't be *terrible* about it, but if she is then we will deal with it :p

My plan is to have a permanent crate strapped down in each car, then a crate for in the house. We may be starting with just one crate though, since I am pretty much buying EVERYTHING this week!

Treats are not an issue :p I have more clickers than I can count, but I DO need to find her a collar I like!! And a slip lead. I had planned on special ordering a purple Mendota to match Frodo's green one, but it's too late! I will probably just use Frodo's since I don't plan on pottying them together for the first good bit.

And I will be taking lots and lots and lots of pictures!!!! You guys don't have to worry about that! I plan on making Siri her own thread once she gets here :p

SpringerLover

My plan is to have a permanent crate strapped down in each car, then a crate for in the house. We may be starting with just one crate though, since I am pretty much buying EVERYTHING this week!
I have just a few crates... I'll have that medium sized plastic one once I transport my cats to my apartment as well!

Members online

No members online now.