Please assure me...

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
that my dog is not ALL bad, and there's hope for an agility dog in there, somewhere? haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18RO8KN8BVI&feature=youtu.be

She's so crazy for her Jolly Egg, but I think I need to start taking it away from her. She bites her tongue or something and I'm worried she's going to break teeth on it. Gonna have to 'downgrade' to a normal Jolly Ball and see how that goes.

Mostly just sharing because a) she worked/payed attention really well for me! and b) look at the drive! :D Super proud of what she's growing up to become.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I would just work on some self control. I like her drive, she just needs to learn how to control it and maintain her brain. And that just comes with time and patience on your end.

As far as biting, would a different ball make a difference? Sounds like you need a Varsity Ball.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Pretty much what Jennifer said. Do some self control games with her, I guarantee it'll help.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I am not actually all that worried. I know she needs some self control work, just a matter of actually doing it. That's likely to start today.

As for her ball, the jolly egg is a very hard plastic and when she pushes it, sometimes her tongue gets between the egg and her teeth. So I am thinking she needs a softer ball, even if she can catch it and pick it up. That might almost be.better for agility. So I am looking at the normal Jolly Balls, or maybe a.tug and toss one..

FG167

I like her drive and energy, but would dislike carrying a huge toy like that. I have chosen a toy for Kastle that he loves less than his fave ball on a string because I have found it helps him to work with a clear head without diminishing his drive.

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
I was having some issues with her before in that she would lose focus and drive, run off from me, etc., and honestly, the egg is the only thing I have found that gets me this kind of focus for a prolonged
period. So as much as I hate carrying that egg around, until I can figure something else out, I manage. I am VERY pleased with how well she is starting to work for me.

Members online