Had to laugh

Last night - after checking my mail, I came upstairs to find Lorri on the couch looking lost. She says to me "Jake won't move, so I can't cross-stitch." The reason for this is Jake is sound asleep on the couch at the end where the floor-lamp is. She continues, saying "I told him to move, but all he did was look at me."

After saying something to the effect of "You're so puppy whipped.", I decide to 'let sleeping dogs lie'. However, Lorri's looking lost. She gets a twitch in her hands - kind of like me when I'm craving a cigarette - and it won't stop. Every now and again, she looks longingly towards that coveted spot on the couch by the light.

Finally, I say "tell him to move." She reiterates that she did and he wouldn't - made it sound like she tried to wrestle him off the couch. Not wanting to see Lorri suffer any more, I whistle and Jakes head pops up. I say "come", and he gets up off the couch and comes to me with out delay...completely happy to be up and at it.

As I'm getting up off my chair to get Jake's leash, Lorri says to me "I hate you so much right now." :D

Irish

Andrew,
I am getting ready to go to work, its early, its raining outside and dark and dreary. I just read your post and you have me laughing. Thank you!! I needed that!

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
That's so not funny :mad: :mad: LOL

He wouldn't move this morning at 5 either--I think I need to get a bit more forceful LMAO :eek:

Awwww Lorri you poor dear. It's totally understandable though, Jake is a male therefore naturally stubborn and since he's a dog a wee bit more resilient to human female's wantings than the human male LOL

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
AndrewF said:
LOL! He seemed quite fine to me....all snuggled up to me and under the covers. I can't blame him for not wanting to move. :)
Yes, the two of you were quite cozy LOL--poor me, trying to balance on the edge of the bed after spending 2 hours with our poor sick daughter :( AND THEN, you only moved him a bit so I could squeeze in! I spent the rest of the early morning with his feet in my back LOL.

Methinks the puppy might be a bit spoiled....... :)

filarotten

Fila the love
So funny, you two crack me up. Lorri, I understand the bed thing Brutus sleeps in bed with us because daddy likes him there. However I am the one who has the long legs and feet poking me in the back, and then sometime during the night Brutus moves sideway, thus pushing me to the edge of the bed, or off the bed. Of course Keith, he sleeps.

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
filarotten said:
So funny, you two crack me up. Lorri, I understand the bed thing Brutus sleeps in bed with us because daddy likes him there. However I am the one who has the long legs and feet poking me in the back, and then sometime during the night Brutus moves sideway, thus pushing me to the edge of the bed, or off the bed. Of course Keith, he sleeps.
LOL! At least I know I am not alone :)

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
bogolove said:
LOL! This is so funny. I really enjoy having you two on here. It makes for the best time! ;)
thanks! It's fun making fun of Andrew in *public* :D (although it seems to be HIM making fun of ME most of the time, now that I think about it.....)

Saje

Island dweller
Don't worry Lorri. we see through him. He just thinks we're on his side. lol

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Does Lorri do counted cross stitch? I have my own variety of embriodery and find it so relaxing!!!!!!!! What does she like to make? does she ever do any "free hand" where she just makes up her own stitches as she goes along?

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sounds like my house. Max and/or Kona on the couch. CJ on the reclining chair. Hubby on other reclining chair. Where do I go? Floor or watch t.v. in bedroom. I need a bigger living room and more seating!!!!!!!!!!!

smkie said:
Does Lorri do counted cross stitch? I have my own variety of embriodery and find it so relaxing!!!!!!!! What does she like to make? does she ever do any "free hand" where she just makes up her own stitches as she goes along?
I'll be honest in saying I don't really know. I'll leave it to her to answer.

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
smkie said:
I do counted cross stitch. Way back when I was a kid (9 or 10 I think) I used to do embroidery, but once I discovered counted cross stitch, I haven't looked back :)

Most of my pictures are Teresa Wentzler fantasy stuff, although I did a nice one of a wolf behind a tree a couple of years back. Right now I am working feverishly on a table runner for a wedding gift next month, AND a cat picture for my MIL for Christmas. AND I have two bibs to cross stitch for babies due in October......OH and I should show you the GORGEOUS wolf kit I ordered today :D (oops! Andrew doesn't know about that one yet LOL! But it was on SALE!!!!)

I have designed some cross stitch, but mostly prefer to let others do the thinking for me :)

Members online

No members online now.