Awoooooo.......

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Sometimes when Zeus sleeps, he chases things in his dreams. It's rather cute: his legs twitch and he makes little wuffing noises. No worries, all my dogs did that. But the other night, he woke up me and my husband with a full-voiced howl! Sounded exactly like Hound of the Baskervilles or something. It scared both of us, especially considering that Zeus has never even barked before. We turned on the light and looked off the side of the bed, and sure enough, Zeus was howling in his sleep. We laughed it off and went to back sleep. Last night, he did it again!

It's getting rather nerve-racking to wake up at 3 a.m. to a eerie howl. Granted, scenthounds have beautiful voices, but it still scares the bejeezes out of me. Especially with a dog Zeus' size: it's loud enough to make your ears ring. Maybe Zeus has some werewolf in him or something, LoL.

*Sigh* Chalk this one up as another weird quirk...

LorriF

Puppy Whipped!!!
LOL--that would freak me out for sure! Jake hasn't howled yet, but he does do this kind of cute little puppy barking in his sleep :) I did hear him growl in his sleep earlier this week--pretty ominous sounding!

Hopefully you will be able to get some peaceful sleep soon :)

How cute! He has never even barked before?
But anyways, I know what you mean. My mom has
two german shepherds and they howl whenever they hear
a siren. It is pretty comical to listen to.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
wonder what he dreamed? i read once in a story that if you slept with your foreheads together you would share the same dream...i tried it numerous times with Bronki but it never worked..big dogs do have beautiful voices..wonder if he will do it again!

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
In the 7 months we've had him, I've heard Zeus bark only twice. I don't mean two different occassions, but only two individual barks. I'm not even sure if it they were actually barks. They were a kind of yelp/yip when my husband and I went to chat with the next-door neighbors. Zeus was in the yard and wanted to come with us.

I'm also curious as to what he was dreaming. Maybe it was a "Call of the Wild" thing...

filarotten

Fila the love
How cute. But when you are asleep, whoa. Have you checked to see if there is full moon? hehe Maybe there is a siren or something that has been in your neighborhood last few nights.

Members online

No members online now.