Progress

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
Ah, after a day of wanting to pull out my hair and thinking I have a plain ol' stupid dog, we have made a breakthrough! after a few training sessions of about 10 minutes each. Daisy has lay down about 70% of the time, sit 95% of the time with a hand signal (she knew sit to begin with, we just added the signal), wave 90%, shake 90%, heel 88%, through my legs 50% (just added that this evening), Come 80%, Stay on the end of her leash for 15 sec 60%, wait on the end of her leash 60%, potty 40% (need to REALLY work on this one!), and leave it 60%
(percentages are obviously rough estimates) I'd say that's not bad for 3 days worth of training, most of it outside with distractions (like Sunny doing the trick so he could steal the treat :rolleyes: ) I think she really is learning more from Sunny doing things first then anything else, but she is doing much better then her first few days here, that is for sure. I just need her to consistantly go potty outside. She gets distracted and pees or poops in the house, then I'll take her outside and she'll want to just go back in. sigh. I have begun keeping her on a leash 24/7. Not as much fun for her or Sunny but I notice it when she is whining to go out better this way. I think tomorrow I'll start giving her food treats after she goes potty in the right place. Any other suggestions would be appriciated. Sunny just looks at the puddles and back at me as if to say "Mom look what she did!" (would be helpful if he came and got me BEFORE she did it but oh well )

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Good news....she'll get there with the two of you helping her! old boss said ALways train the new dog with the more experienced..Tatey (Mary's mom) learned so much from watching Bin (Mary's dad) but she (tate) had such a difficult puppyhood it left her easily confused..so when you said sit..she sat,spoke, and shook her paw all at the same time..sigh..i could never get her to hear the difference...

Members online

No members online now.