Favorite topical?

Barb04

Super Moderator
I heard lots of good results from rescues & other people who use coconut oil to help these conditions.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Coconut oil is most commonly used around here because I use it for everything and it's always around.
Problem is...it's TOO YUMMY for merlin to handle so he always tries to lick it off.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I'm not sure if it's still available, but I loooove Miracle Mist from Miracle Coat for hot spots and skin irritations.

I am sure you realize that there are many reasons for skin problems. Having said that I, too, vote for Vetericyn. It comes in liquid or hydrogel, so it is easy to apply and works as good as most other products we have tried. I know some trainers recommend it.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
We have Vetericyn at work, so I sprayed him down with it. Red irritated spots are no longer red. I do not understand this voodoo magic.

Briz is allergic to poultry and eggs, and also has environmental allergies. He is apparently allergic to the inland desert where we just spent the weekend, and likely got a bite or two of something forbidden at the dog fair. Also has hot spots under his front dewclaws from his boots, which hasn't happened before. Poor guy was a red oozy mess, and the staff at the vet's office accidentally booked our appointment for a day when the vet isn't actually there, so we have to wait until Monday to see if he needs steroids/antibiotics again.

Haven't had to deal with Hot Spots, but all three of my dogs are greyhounds, so we see our fair share of skin boo boos. We're got Colloidal Silver, Cothivet, Derma Gel, Dr. Maggie skin care ointment, and Bag Balm.

Members online

No members online now.