I don't know what show(s) to go to >.<

Saeleofu

There's a show the end of this month in Topeka, all breeds. I'd like to take Logan to get a rally novice leg. It's about 2 1/2 hours away and entry is I think $30. I would probably take only Logan. I could potentially go on Saturday because it's CVC weekend and there will be no doctor in the clinic, so I could probably get the day off. Entries close August 11th, so I may or may not have the money (I get my financial aid excess deposited in my account sometime between the 9th and the 12th).

Early next month, there's the boxer regionals, also in Topeka (2 1/2 hours away). I could only take Gavroche since it's boxers only. Gavroche has his RN, so he'd be in Rally Advanced. He knows most of the stuff...we'd just have to work really hard between now and then on pivots. But I haven't taken any Rally Advanced classes, so I don't know 100% I'm doing the exercises right. Rally advanced classes start late August. I could get a leg on his RA title at the show, potentially, plus I would LOVE to see a ton of boxers all in one place ;)

And then, October 1 -3 is a show in Salina (just under 2 hours away). 3 days of rally, and easy driving distance. I was planning on just going to Salina for the weekend and staying in a motel. 3 days of rally, plus there's the Kansas Service Dog Meetup at the Salina mall on the 2nd, and assuming Logan was ready I wanted to take him (SDiTs are welcome). But Woofstock is also the 2nd, and I really want to go...plus my dog training client is taking her 2 dogs to Woofstock for the first time, and could probably use some support (though I think she'll be absolutely fine). I could potentially go to Woofstock for a few hours, then head to Salina, but I'd have to leave at about 11 to get there in time for the service dog meetup, giving us 1 1/2 hours at Woofstock...and a very long day for Logan. I will be taking both dogs to Salina for the show, and I will definitely be going at least 1 day, probably 2 days, and still possibly 3 days.

I have no idea what to do :p I could get a leg on Logan the end of this month, a leg on Gavroche early next month, and then possibly finish their titles in October. If they don't finish in October, I really don't know when the next show after that it. It may very well be April for the Sunflower Cluster, if I'm even still in Kansas then (and I really, really hope I'm not).

Right now I'm leaning towards saying screw it to Woofstock and making a weekend of it in Salina. Woofstock was fun last year, but it's a lot to handle. Staying in a hotel is more expensive than driving up to Salina each day, but considering 4 hours drive is really taxing on both me and the dogs, I'm sure our performance will be much better if I just stay in a Motel 6 or something for a couple nights.

Aghhhhhhh...someone tell me what to do :yikes: So many shows, so little time...so little money >.<

Members online

No members online now.