Finally hit the last straw

This morning I awoke at 5:45 am to hear Kody barking in the backyard. But it was his "MOM SOMEONES IN OUR YARD" bark.

So I get up, open the door, say "Kody. COME." And he always does. Cuz he gets a treat when he does. He kept barking.

So I walk out there, and the neighbor behind me is HANGING OVER MY BACK WALL antagonizing my poor dog making him bark, recording it with his cell phone. He called my landlord, made Kody bark, and left it on her voicemail.

THEN he starts yelling at me how hes sick and tired of this god **** dog barking all the time and hes been dealing with it for a year and hes not gonna put up with it anymore and every time he barks even once hes gonna call my landlord until something is done about it.

I simply said "Well hes obviously not going to stop barking with you hanging over my wall, SIR." And took Kody inside.

Basically, doggy door privileges have been revoked. Dogs get crated whenever I leave the house. Kody has his bark collar on whenever I leave the house.

He also said that hes tired of him waking him up in the middle of the night which is BULL because Kody sleeps next to me all night long and I was up until 3am last night with my door SHUT. So he can keep running his mouth.

No I am not going to fight fire with fire. I do not want a dead dog. If my landlord calls me, I'm going to explain that the dogs no longer go outside unsupervised.

BUT- If Kody barks when I'm not home, how the heck am I supposed to know?! The least he could have done was come tell me, "Hey when youre at work your dog goes nuts." And I would have GLADLY locked him inside. I had no idea. The people next to me have beagles too, and I said, "You know the neighbors there have dogs too right?"

He said "I know a beagle bark when I hear one dont try to play that game"

So I said, "Oh really? Cuz they have 2 beagles."

Sigh. I don't like this one bit.

Easy. Get an inexpensive voice activated digital recorder. Leave it on when you're gone and you'll know if Kody is barking or not. :)
The thing is that my next door neighbor says Kody doesn't bother them. This guy behind me is super crazy though. Look what my old roommate said about him:

My friend and i were playing football with chance and kody and the ball bounced out of my hands and into his yard, (guy directly behind you) we went over to get it and he was really crazy, said his top secret buddy who is part the the FBI was over so he couldnt open the door very much but we couldnt tell anyone, i bet he is up to shady stuff.

So now my poor dogs were locked inside all day. Chance didn't know what to do so he had an accident in the hallway. It wasn't his fault.

Since this morning, the hose hookup on the side of my house was mysteriously turned all the way on, wasting water and flooding my yard.

And I came home just now to a dead bird carcass in my backyard. It was missing it's head, and it was all dried up. I walked the entire yard when I was out there with them this afternoon, and it was not there. I would have seen it. They ran right to it when I took them out there just now. I made sure they didnt touch it and disposed of it. What if it had antifreeze on it?

He's also going to all my neighbors and giving out my landlords phone number, saying, "Call every day and complain about her."

I can't catch a break.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
You need to get a camera to record your yard 24/7. Your neighbor is gearing up to do something stupid and the only way you'll not have a problem dealing with the police regarding it is if you record it.

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Call the cops, document his trespassing and make sure they are informed early on of his actions. It's more likely your landlord will listen to your local PD than one psycho tennant.

Paige

Let it be
Call the police. Set up a camera if you can. This guy sounds insane. I don't like barking dogs either, but I wouldn't go about dealing with it the way he is. I wouldn't let my dog use a dog door if my neighbor was that insane anyways. I'd be afraid he'd kill my dog.

Good luck. This situation sounds so stressful.

Romy

Taxiderpy
You NEED to call the cops at this point. WTF.
^^^This X1000!!!

What he's doing is harassment. It's beyond complaining about something legitimate. During the day your dogs aren't violating any noise laws. You need to start a paper trail with the cops. He trespassed in your yard in the middle of the night so he could send a harassing phone call to your landlord. What a superdouche.

Get the neighbors who like you to sign statements saying he's been pressuring them to harass you and your landlord as well (the other beagle owners would be good candidates). You'll probably want to warn them anyway, as he's a danger to their dogs too.

Heck, your landlord might even want to file a harassment complaint.

Everyone knows this dude is crazy. And yes, dog door has been blocked off. The dogs now have to wait inside for me to check the yard, then they are allowed outside.

WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE THIS WAY?

I can't prove hes the one that turned the water on, and I can't prove that hes the one putting dead birds in my yard.

BUT, I do believe a camera is a good idea.

This guy really scares me. I think he owns the house behind me. I may only be renting, but I still have rights.

And in Glendale, theres not a time where dogs have to be quiet, if they are a nusience it can be any time of the day.

I just wish he would have come over here and talked to me before he got all pissed off about it.

xpaeanx

I agree with camera and starting a paper trail with the police.

If nothing comes of it great, but if something does then you have DOCUMENTED proof that your stories weren't made up after the fact.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
During the day your dogs aren't violating any noise laws.
Actually, depending on your local laws, time of day doesn't matter. Last year, some neighbours on the street behind us and several houses down had music playing in their backyard so loud I could hear the LYRICS when I was inside and on the back opposite side of the house than their house. It went on for hours and hours, so finally I called the cops and asked them what the noise law was, and they said "Technically anything that can be heard beyond your property line is in violation of noise nuisance laws regardless of the time of day." So barking dogs can get you in trouble no matter what time it is. Using a power saw on your driveway could even get you in trouble if your neighbours wanted to complain. It's just that most people use some common sense and don't complain about that stuff.

I agree about setting up a camera and calling the cops - this dude sounds whacked in the head and that is really disturbing. They may come out and pay him a visit, but of course that could always do more harm than good... but with the level he's already taken it to assuming he DID chuck a dead bird into your yard I don't know if it could get much worse. You don't have a gate he could leave open, do you? I'd get a padlock for it if you do. =/

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I would also say to start documentation with everything in your power, i.e. police reports if he ever acts crazy again, video evidence, and of course, maybe talk to the neighbors so you have witnesses you could contact, in case the situation gets worse and you might think of filing for an order of protection against him.

I remember you telling us about the last time he did something crazy... I thought you said you wouldn't leave your dogs outside unsupervised anymore? I am not trying to step on your toes, I am just wondering if you changed anything in the dogs' routine since then at all? For your and your dogs' safety, until something can be done to discredit him, I would not give him one more chance to complain.

MPP

petperson
I just wish he would have come over here and talked to me before he got all pissed off about it.
He couldn't. The CIA (or was it the FBI?) wouldn't let him.

Call the cops. Install that camera. Talk to the neighbors and get their statements, if possible. Talk to your landlord.

This guy sounds seriously whacked, and it would REALLY be in your best interest to have evidence accumulated prior to whatever he may be working up to. Oh, yes, and lock the gates. Good advice, that is.

filarotten

Fila the love
Definately call the police! I would also give them a copy of the note from your roommate. Document every little thing.

Camera, recorder, mace, shotgun, ak47, large tank, all sound like good ideas.

Creepy guy. Be very careful.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
There are trail cams that hunters use. They are hard to see, but are motion activated. Either pic or video. About $300-$400 if I rmember rightly though.

Yeah I kept the dogs in for a while last time. But then I started working on Kody's barking a lot more. Used the collar when I wasnt home. My parents live across the street and my sister in laws parents live a couple houses down and he wasnt making noise while I was gone.

So I gave them the doggy door back. It's a convenience I was working really hard to get back because Bailey can't hold it in the house for more than a couple hours. But Bailey gets crated now and the boys are loose in the house.

I came home yesterday to a MASSIVE poop accident in the hallway and a VERY sad german shepherd. I just said, "Come on Chance, lets potty outside." I know it was not his fault and he is used to going outside whenever he wants, so it'll take a couple days for him to get used to it.

No accidents today though!

Members online