Editing

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
What program do you use? Why?

How did you learn? Is it just through practice that you find what looks natural vs what is over edited?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Photoshop for single photos, Lightroom for lots of photo processing. I read lots of tutorials and tips and generally searched the interwebs. And yes, a lot of it is trial and error. :)

I started using Lightroom recently because I started shooting in raw. Before that I used Ipiccy for free online.

It really is a lot of trial and error and looking at other people's pictures to see what I like. I still don't know really how I'm doing but I do think the editing looks better than it did when I first started....so, has to mean something right?

Oko

Silence, peasants.
I started using Lightroom recently because I started shooting in raw. Before that I used Ipiccy for free online.

It really is a lot of trial and error and looking at other people's pictures to see what I like. I still don't know really how I'm doing but I do think the editing looks better than it did when I first started....so, has to mean something right?
Oh yes, I started on lightroom because stupid photoshop refused to cooperate and install the raw extension. My life has gotten so much easier now that I edit raw. <3

But really, that last bit is totally how I roll, lol.

To expand on what I said before (I was on my phone), I really like looking at other photographers work for ideas. There are so many different ways to edit photos, I wouldn't say anything is really wrong (except for making it overly vibrant and burning peoples' eyes out. Not cool.). I really like looking at photo blogs and flickr, and just trying to figure out what I like in a photo and what I don't, etc. etc. Not just for editing but composition and everything. Then again, my favorite photos I take mostly happen by dumb luck, but I can pretend it's skill.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I mainly just use photoshop/adobe bridge. I used to not do raw because I couldn't figure out how to edit raw images, but now I shoot pretty much only in raw and raw plus new camera is already making a huge difference in my images.

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
I edit primarily in Lightroom in RAW and I only go into Photoshop (elements 5) if I want to add lettering or remove things from the image.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
...sometimes I crop them using iphoto....

lol I am sad. and lazy. and have no idea how to photo edit.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I use Aperture. As for learning to use it, the curve was a little steep. (Before this I'd only used Photoshop, and not really to edit photos as much as embellish them). That said, I've gotten pretty good at it, through a combination of practice and reading online tutorials. Basically, I went in one step at a time, learned one trick, then another, adding on more as I grew comfortable with the things I'd already learned.

As for knowing when to stop? I still don't know the answer to that one. lol

Members online

No members online now.