Wow your dog is ugly

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Has anyone had someone say this about their dogs or something equally as rude?

I understand people have different dog type preferences. I really do. But... at the same time... it's so rude IMO to tell someone that their dog is ugly. If you think my dog is ugly then fine... but keep that opinion to yourself please.

My family (Dad, stepmom and two of my sisters) came over tonight for a little bit because we were all going out to eat at a restaurant near my place. It was Joey's first time meeting my sisters.

I happened to be in my room with my dad because he was looking for something on my computer. Joey was in the other room with Josh, my stepmom and my sisters. Both my sisters commented on how ugly Joey is and that it's a good thing he is friendly at least. WTF? really???

Also... I have a good size clear bin that has all my leashes, collars, harnesses etc in it. I have quite a bit because I have three dogs and multiple collars, leashes, etc for each. So my sisters commented saying, "Wow Amber, I'm judging you." That's their way of basically making fun of me for my dog obsession yet again. A lot of people in my family really don't understand my dog stuff at all.

Mine don't get called ugly, but I have had this happen:
"Wow, a search dog? Cool! What kind of mix is he? Doberman?"
"Oh, he's not a mix. He's a Catahoula."
"Oh, okay! My brother has one of those. They're really stupid dogs."
".....Okay....."
"Yeah, my brother's is the worst. He can't teach him anything!"
"Right... Well, that's probably your brother, not the dog. Nice meeting you... I'm gonna go now."

Aleron

People say that about Savvy from time to time. Usually "that dog is so ugly he's cute". One of the people at the training club was like " well he didn't get any more attractive as he few up did he?". I don't really care if people like how my dogs look but it is pretty rude. I think Savvy is pretty adorable :)

yoko

I've had a few people say it about Yoshi.

But they are crazy and so is your family!

I love how Joey looks!

Brattina88

I had one person say that about Bailey "wow she's ugly. She's got a really skinny nose. Like her face got shut in a door" :mad: and I was PO'd. But usually I don't

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Okay I think my dogs are pretty ugly sometimes lol but no one else has actually said it to me! I actually get really awesome comments about Juno, which is part of the reason why I hate so much that she's weird around people, everyone wants to say hi to her but they can't!

We used to say all the time that Molly was so ugly, she's cute. It was true though lol.

I don't think anyone has actually used the word 'ugly' around Gambit, but I do get some variations.

"Wow, that dog is weird looking."

"What IS that?" Usually while making the 'do you smell doody' face

"That thing looks like it belongs in a zoo.."

Of course, most of these things are said while the person is slowly backing away. Shy as he is, Gambit scares people.

Someone once called Argon ugly. Considering he was terminally ill at that point, and about a day from being PTS, it made my cry for hours. He wasn't ugly, he was my perfect praying mantis dog.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
That's crayyy! D: I can only guess that they think Joey's ugly because they have never seen a dog like him before. My BF just saw Joey pics the other day and was like "Omg, we need to get a dog like that! He's so cool!"

I haven't gotten a comment like that. Which is a good thing, because I might end up in jail. LOL some lady at the dog park said "Corgis are so stupid" when Fozzie walked by, and I made her fear for her life!!!

Red.Apricot

I haven't gotten a comment like that. Which is a good thing, because I might end up in jail. LOL some lady at the dog park said "Corgis are so stupid" when Fozzie walked by, and I made her fear for her life!!!
Someone at the park this week said about me and Elsie, "This lady has this stupid German shepherd--I mean, what's even the point of that."

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
With Fiona I get a lot of "that dog is super creepy" and "it looks like its staring into my soul" and demonic/robot/blind/deaf/dumb comments. She is so friendly, and she and I both get offended when people get "creeped out" by her. I've had people say pretty mean things about her though, most of them are show Border Collie folk, but also some from the general public. One time I did overhear someone at the show saying "I was pretty pleased with the overall quality in the ring, except that ugly blue eyed dog. Yuck". Heck, one time a JUDGE said to the girl in front of me "mam, your dog is predominantly white (a fault in the BC standard) but the dog behind you (Fiona) is of such poor quality I had to overlook that." People are bitches.

chaospony

Yup. Apparently quite a few teenaged boys think Afghan hounds are "the ugliest dogs I have ever seen!"
It's happened quite a lot. Only with teenaged boys I think...

One if the my grandmothers commented on facebook about how Trin was so ugly she was almost cute. Really? I haven't spoken to you in about 15 years and the first thing you say to me is that? So totally never ever comming to visit you guys now, even if you beg me :rofl1:

BostonBanker

My mother's first comment when I came in the door with Meg was "That one is so homely, we are going to have to keep it. Nobody else will want it."

I had a close friend say "Oh good lord that's an ugly dog" the first time he saw Meg, unaware that this was the one I was keeping, not a random foster. When I told him she was mine he said "You could make a really cool vest out of her". Luckily it is a good enough friend that I knew he was kidding about the second comment, and I don't care if he finds Meg unattractive. I find his horse breed of choice ugly, myself :p

Gusto just gets a lot of "Oh jesus, what the heck is that?!". Which is a fair enough comment.

As for judging - I don't let that bother me in the least. I know that people judge me for my dog obsession and other things; it's only natural. I can move past it.

Members online

No members online now.