Oy Pacos....

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Since being on this forum and stalking the older posts, I've discovered Pacos Collars. I hate you all.:p JK! But seriously, I'm dying for a Pacos now. They're just so expensive! For those who have one, is it worth it? Do the decorations stay on well? How's their customer service? About how much does a customer piece run? Nola's 3rd (how is that possible?!) birthday is in October, so that'd be some sort of justification.....

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
They are AWESOME. I'm on my phone so I can't elaborate much, but I have about 15 between my 5 dogs! Great customer service and collars are guaranteed for life. Since getting Paco collars, I haven't put any other brands on my dogs necks. My dogs swim in them, play in them, and they still look amazing.

The studs will fall off, especially the bigger ones, BUT Pacos are lifetime guaranteed, so the will replace them.

There is a Facebook page call Paco collar addicts not so anonymous, members sell used ones on there all the time, I bought 2 last week, lol.

JacksonsMom

LOVE them. My favorite leather collar thus far.

Jackson wears his tan St. Francis almost every day, it's just an awesome collar. The tan came sooo soft too. My only complaint is how much it darkened up, BUT that's going to happen with any leather collar unfortunately (with that particular color).

He's been wearing his GunDogSupply collar a lot this summer though because of water, and I prefer not to let him get in the chlorinated water with his expensive collar. But since I have another Paco on the way, I'm almost tempted to try it out and the St. Francis can continue to be his 'get dirty' leather collar and I'd like to test out how well it stands up overall.

I love Paco too because their small dog collars are not bulky or heavy hardware like a lot of leather collars are, and I don't find them too stiff. They soften up pretty quick.

This is what it looked like day 1:

And now:

Still amazing condition, just darkened a lot.

But their quality is amazing. I do try and buy when there are deals or coupons, etc... so keep an eye out. Saving even 10-20% will help a great deal. :) I ordered my last one for their Fathers Day special...

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Yep, the tan will darken unfortunately :(. However, that's the nature of tan leather. One of my favorite Coach purses is a similar color tan, and the strap is SO dark now!

They do run sales off anything on their site occasionally, and they have sample sales generally every couple of months (great prices if they have what you want!).

I'll post up some pictures and more info when I'm on my computer tomorrow!

Grab

I've had a few of my collars for years. I've only had one stone ever fall out. And, as mentioned, they'll fix it free of charge. The rest have not even loosened. They're my favorite collars for my dogs. Just waiting to find the perfect one for Brooks, since he's the only one who does not have one.

BostonBanker

I really wish their stuff was easier to find in person, because I think I need to actually feel some of the other collars.

I was...not a fan. The quality seems wonderful (I haven't used mine enough for any damage, but I'm a horse person and I do like good leather) and the customer service is supposed to be second to none, but I found the collar really heavy and uncomfortable for my dog. I'm really hesitant to purchase any more, because I'm not sure I'd like them at all on my small-ish dogs. Meg (36 lbs) has a 1" wide single layer, and it is just way too much on her. I'd like to stick some 3/4" on my dogs to see if they seem more appropriate, but it's an expensive experiment.

I want to like them! Some of them are beautiful (although usually the bigger ones, as is usual for leather collars), and they come so well recommended.

Thanks for the Facebook group heads-up. I should go try to sell mine there!

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Rory weighs 35lbs and I'm very comfortable with his daily double layer 1.25" collar. I've never found them to be too bulky. I put 3/4" collars on all of my chihuahuas besides Emma, and they aren't heavy either.

BostonBanker

Meg looks like an accident victim in a neck brace in hers! I want to emphasize it isn't an issue with the collar; just that I don't like it for my dog. Some day if I can try smaller ones on my two, I might try again. The only other person I've found who has them in real life (where I could try them on) has all bigger collars.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I can totally understand it's all based on how the dog is built. Emma weighs 3.5lbs and anything more than 3/8" looks like an e-collar on her. My chihuahuas (even 4lb Rylie) are stocky enough to *just* get away with 3/4".

BostonBanker

They should have a program like with saddles, where they ship you "trial" versions to test before you purchase your own :lol-sign: Or maybe I just need to talk myself into going to Cynosport next year so I'm in there neck of the woods and the dogs can try collars on.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
For those who have one, is it worth it? Do the decorations stay on well? How's their customer service? About how much does a customer piece run?
Completely and totally worth it! I've not had a single complaint with mine (4 collars, 1 leash). The collars have been through herding, dock diving, lakes, hiking, walks, bike rides, etc. My experience with their costumer service has been nothing but positive and speedy.

I haven't had a custom piece done, but I would imagine it depends greatly on the width and single vs. double layer. I would imagine somewhere in the $100-$125 range. But. You get a LIFETIME guarantee! If a stone pops out, they'll replace it. If something breaks when it shouldn't, they'll fix it.

I've tried another leather/rope collar leash company before and was very unhappy with the quality. Their leather started bleeding when in water.

This my stash so far: top-bottom: Brown George, Tan JoJo, Chocolate El Dorado, Chocolate Zuma, Chocolate Leash.

Thanks for the Facebook group heads-up. I should go try to sell mine there!
You should! Most of them go lightening fast! I believe the last one I bought was up for a matter of a few minutes before I snatched it up (and good thing, two others wanted it!)

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
They should have a program like with saddles, where they ship you "trial" versions to test before you purchase your own :lol-sign: Or maybe I just need to talk myself into going to Cynosport next year so I'm in there neck of the woods and the dogs can try collars on.
I know! Haha! I actually had to sell a new collar lately that I hoped would work for Tucker, but it just didn't. It sold so quickly on Facebook at least!

I bet their new Tween line would work out great for your two. They're supposed to be light weight like the small dog collars, I believe.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I've only ever had one stud fall out... and they righted it ASAP. I've been a loyal Paco customer for years, and I adore their products. I'm totally ok with paying what they charge.

The middle collar on the right "pillar" - the 1.25" double-layer black collar with the brass hardware... is the famous "Shipwreck" collar. It sat in floodwater for three months (partially submerged) and it still looks that good... and lost zero functional integrity. That collar is basically what sold me on Pacos for life. :)

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
They really are just stunning. I'm really loving the Unicorn Deluxe, the Mini Swirl and the Mini Riesy. Darken isn't an issue for me, since Nola would be in black leather.

I won a cat collar almost 5 years ago in a contest. My cat has worn it daily since then. It's in perfect condition! I don't yet have a dog collar from them but I want one. Particularly a Swirl collar for my Em. :) But the price has always prevented me from buying. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to have some spare cash while they're having a sample sale on FB.

I know with Gage, even at 170lbs when most dogs his size pull off 2-3" collars, he looks goofy in anything wider then 1" because of his short rotty neck lol.

Here he is in his 1" Celtic.

And his double layer Shermin which was 2.5" I believe (I sold it long ago lol) he just didn't seem comfortable in it at all. Now only his martingale is wider then 1"

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
^^ ditto!

Well, I really shouldn't have looked at their Paco Perks. :yikes: 5% off your order, use it 5 times and you get a free collar.

Members online

No members online now.