LightRoom?

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Ok, I got LightRoom, 4 to be exact, and I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Any like, sites or tutorials or anything? :lol-sign:

SharkBait

Ok, I got LightRoom, 4 to be exact, and I have no idea wtf I'm doing. Any like, sites or tutorials or anything? :lol-sign:
You can find plenty of useful tutorials on Youtube :)
Do you use a Mac or PC?

Once you import your photos, you can organise them into separate albums.. typically I name mine with the month number at the beginning then the name of the event or whatever - so like 09 Dog Show - for the photos I took in September at the show, and organised these into the main folder 2012. I recommend keeping your collection organised as it's bound to grow quite big!

Are you taking photos in RAW? If you use a DSLR and shoot in RAW you'll have so much more freedom when editing. You can edit the exposure, contrast, saturation, curves etc in the develop mode.

While you're at it, check out some LR Presets sites! You'll get some lovely presets you can experiment with!

Then finally when you're done editing you choose an export folder and export your picture as a jpg :)
Hopefully this was a little helpful.. Feel free to shoot me some questions if you like for more info! I love LR, I use all the time.

I just started using as well, was using iphoto on a mac, but didn't really care for it. It was ok. For the level of editing i'm capable of now it was probably just fine, but I wanted more :)

I don't have any good sites to recommend though, sorry :) I did find some that helped, but I just googled and watched, video mostly and they helped. I just didn't save the links or anything. But they are out there and they are helpful

Members online

No members online now.