dilemma

Saje

Island dweller
Ok. as most of you know we are moving in a couple of weeks. We have three large dogs and three cats plus we will have a uhaul FULL of or stuff.

My bf wants to rent one of those things that you drive the truck up onto and haul the truck behind us BUT the animals would have to be in there - they won't fit in the cab and I won't put them in the back. This makes me really uncomfortable but we are really short on money and it would save us gas.

Do you think it would be safe if we stopped every hour? If I put a baby monitor in the back to hear them? If I rode back there with them? If I gave them ice water and a fan in case it gets hot (it's much cooler than it has been but you never know what it'll be like in a couple weeks). I don't really like the idea at all. But he's really stuck on it and I don't know what to do. We are already getting quite indebt with this move.

sigh

feedback?

Saje

Island dweller
I don't know why this bugs me that much. I put my horses in our trailer.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I think that they would be ok! I put my horses in a trailer!! I think if they are all good travellers and are calm, then they should be fine if you check them regularly! :D

frznbuns

if you are talking about a uhaul trailer, you are not able to put live animals in there by law. I know that we can't here in MO. also I think that it would be quite dangerous. Horse trailer are a totally different story! They have light,air moving through. Please rethink this..

Saje

Island dweller
I said I wouldn't put them int he trailer. They will be in the truck. And they will have air moving through there. Plus we will be stopping often.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Let me get this clear in the old head.... You are putting the truck on the back of a breakdown type vehicle, and the dawgs are going inside the truck. Right? Because I don't see any problems with that!! :D

poeluvr

so in the back of a truck, and the truck will be on one of those things that u put cares on to bring them somewhere...well as long as the truck isnt slanted..lol. i think you'll be fine, they might be a little freaked out at first but im sure they'll settle down

Becca_

chowchow
I think in the states it would be illegal to have a animal in a truck being towed (if that's what you mean). You might want to check out what the laws are on it. Last thing you want is a ticket.

Saje

Island dweller
Nevermind. It looks like our truck is too heavy for it anyway.

bubbatd

I think we're confused.... do you mean a U haul with the truck attached ??? I'd but cat and 1 dog with him, and I'd go the truck with the other 2.

Members online

No members online now.