Malinois foster - can you guys help?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Hey guys... so, you all know Aleron's rescue Mal Roust? He was from a litter of 8, and one of his sisters recently ended up in the county pound. :( Luckily Aleron spotted her, and after much shuffling and pulling a few strings, managed to get her pulled from the pound today! Hooray! And... I'm going to foster her! Cuz I'm crazy.

But here's the problem. We found a way to get her to me (from Ohio to Illinois) but we need to contribute gas money, which is going to be around $100. Also, for about $75, Aleron can get her a microchip, rabies shot, and HW test.

We only have until Saturday, which is when her potential ride is heading out. I feel really weird asking for money but neither Aleron or I can pay for the whole thing ourselves, and we really want to help this girl. I promise I'll repay you in Maligator pictures. Like these:

I tried to set up a ChipIn for her costs, but the site is down. If you're willing to contribute, you use paypal and send it to shemekalikashenice @ puccini-art.com (remove the spaces around the @ ).

Thanks a lot guys, like I said, I feel kinda weird asking, but Nikki and I just can't do it alone.

thehoundgirl

Poor girl. :( I wish I could help financially but I can't at this time. I hope she can get out of there and to you, though!!!

SaraB

Is there going to be a rescue involved? I do get that you guys are trying to help her, and that's admirable. I can't help to think what will happen if there is some sort of emergency that occurs? If there arn't finances for the basics, why are you taking her in?

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
We're going to try to get her into AMBC but a lot of red tape prevented AMBC specifically from pulling her in a timely manner. If AMBC can't take her then I'm going to seek out another rescue.

monkeys23

I will check and see what I've got. Could probably chip in $10 or something. Knowing the situation of this litter... really glad you guys are making sure she gets into a safe foster home!

Aleron

She's in limbo right now but I'm almost certain she will be accepted into ABMC, since they already have her sisters. The issue is that because it is a national group, the regional contacts are not necessarily local at all and it can take quite some for them to find someone "approved" to approve a dog in a shelter to be pulled under ABMC. I would like to see if it's possible to get her a rabies vaccine, HW check and microchip before sending her on her trip to Emily. If I can't get everything, I will at least get the Rabies and HW. I would also like to offer the group of volunteers who spend at least one day of their week, every week doing nothing but transporting dogs from this pound a nice donation to help cover their costs. They do not ask for any money but it sure isn't cheap to drive from here to Chicago. Her pull fee was covered and she has her DHLPP. Spaying will be covered once she gets into rescue.

This girl was at the pound since Weds, brought in as a stray with another dog. The other dog was claimed and she was not. Volunteers told me she's "cage crazy" and as such, was kept in the pound's basement away from public viewing. This is a kill pound, which has made huge improvements in their ability to place rather than kill adoptable dogs. They have no outdoor area for the dogs and no "kennels", they are kept in vet cages and walked when there's volunteers to walk them so they are caged excessively. A dog already having caging related issues does not have a promising future if they get stuck there. And added concern was a local kennel/e-collar business was interested in getting her, to train and resell (or umm..."rescue"). I admit, the thought of Roust's scared sister going to someone who was going to slap an e-collar on her to teach her basic obedience made me very sad. Leaving her at the pound was just not an option.

I managed to get a local rescue friend to pull her under their rescue so that she had a lesser fee and didn't have to go get spayed tomorrow. She was picked up from the pound by another local rescue friend of mine just a few hours ago. She is currently staying with my friend who owns Seven the Black Dog. Reports are she is scared but nice and easily won over with meatballs. She was tolerant of being lifted into a crate in my friend's SUV when she went and got her.

As far as what would happen in an emergency...in the unlikely event something happened while she was in limbo I'm sure I would figure something out. Thanks for your concern though :)

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Omg thank you guys so much. It really means a lot, and every bit helps. I get my commission from training class this Friday, and I'll probably put it all towards her general needs at my house. I'd like to do what I can to get her all set up for AMBC.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
It looks like gas is covered now, which is awesome! (Thank you guys so much). With a little more we could make sure she gets a rabies vac, HW test, and microchip before she's transported.

LOL I think I might be able to milk a little more from my bank account. If only I had my training commission today.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
We just had an offer accepted on a house so we'll know shortly what we need to pay, I may be able to help out if you're still hanging in there in a few days, if nothing else I can help recoup or offer some food/toy assistance.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
We just had an offer accepted on a house so we'll know shortly what we need to pay, I may be able to help out if you're still hanging in there in a few days, if nothing else I can help recoup or offer some food/toy assistance.
Whoa, that's so exciting!!! Congrats! And thanks, that means a lot. You'll have to give me some toy recommendations.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Thank you! It's a strange little house which probably suits us but its a house with a yard where we don't have to hide 50% of our dogs. lol

l wish I could help immediately but we need to get a steady awareness of what we will have to pay and then I can financially help.

I'll let you know when we can, thank you for fostering her, she is a cutie and I love the ears.

Aleron

Thanks everyone! We have enough to cover her immediate needs. ABMC is going to take her, so once they do her spay and any future medical bills will be covered by them. I finally got to meet her tonight! Shes shy at first, a little barky but makes friends really quickly. She loves string cheese and has already learned to sit and wait. She's a bit worse for wear, wormy, thin and her coat looks icky but nothing some good care won't fix. Glad were able to get her out of the pound and on the road to good health and happier times. Send vibes for a good road trip- I barely know her and I'm so worried about sending her off! pictures soon :)

Aleron

So she's all set? I was going to chip in a bit...let me know. :)
Aww thanks so much! She has a vet visit tommorow before she leaves so I will know for sure then. Hoping she's just wormy and stressed and isn't having a more serious digestive issue. She was only wormed once, at 6 weeks old and no one has ever taken her to the vet :( I'll let you know if we end up needing anything more. Thanks again!

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
She looks so much like my girl I would have guessed they were from the same litter. Except my girl is 7 years old.

My girl is also "cage crazy". There is no keeping her contained, she just spins and barks.

I'm glad she's out and going into rescue. Sorry I didn't have time to help out, but it sounds like you have your expenses covered. I donate regularly to Mal Rescue.

Members online

No members online now.