Dog Saves Military Vet by Calling 911

vvaneesa

A retired United States Marine named Terry McGlade, who had served in Iraq and Afghanistan, says his dog Major, a Labrador retriever-pit bull mix, is a hero. He is specially trained to sense when McGlade is about to have a seizure, get his phone and dial 911 for help.

When Major had recently sensed an incident about to happen, and McGlade collapsed and hit the floor, Major was able to get to McGlade’s phone, and more or less bite on the phone which is specially set up so that when multiple buttons are pressed and held in, it goes into emergency call mode, and dial 911.

“He was actually able to get my phone out of my pocket. I don’t have the phone anymore because there are teeth marks on the phone,†McGlade said.

911 dispatchers that got the call from Major said they never heard him bark or anything. However, they could hear what sounded like a confused man in the background, and did get quite suspicious after numerous calls from McGlade’s cell phone kept coming in. Apparently, Major was using his teeth, and also stepping on the screen to get the phone to dial for help.

After Major was sure someone would be on their way to help, he then made his way out to the front of the house to wait. He was out at the curb when police and medics arrived, and lead them into the house and right to McGlade, still in distress.

“I probably would have been in sever trouble if he wouldn’t have called,†McGlade said.

McGlade was taken to the hospital, where he was kept overnight for observation, but thanks to his best friend, and now hero of the day, Major, he is feeling much better, and will make a full recovery with little risk of lasting damage from this particular incident.

PennyD

A retired United States Marine named Terry McGlade, who had served in Iraq and Afghanistan, says his dog Major, a Labrador retriever-pit bull mix, is a hero. He is specially trained to sense when McGlade is about to have a seizure, get his phone and dial 911 for help.

When Major had recently sensed an incident about to happen, and McGlade collapsed and hit the floor, Major was able to get to McGlade’s phone, and more or less bite on the phone which is specially set up so that when multiple buttons are pressed and held in, it goes into emergency call mode, and dial 911.

“He was actually able to get my phone out of my pocket. I don’t have the phone anymore because there are teeth marks on the phone,†McGlade said.

911 dispatchers that got the call from Major said they never heard him bark or anything. However, they could hear what sounded like a confused man in the background, and did get quite suspicious after numerous calls from McGlade’s cell phone kept coming in. Apparently, Major was using his teeth, and also stepping on the screen to get the phone to dial for help.

After Major was sure someone would be on their way to help, he then made his way out to the front of the house to wait. He was out at the curb when police and medics arrived, and lead them into the house and right to McGlade, still in distress.

“I probably would have been in sever trouble if he wouldn’t have called,†McGlade said.

McGlade was taken to the hospital, where he was kept overnight for observation, but thanks to his best friend, and now hero of the day, Major, he is feeling much better, and will make a full recovery with little risk of lasting damage from this particular incident.
I really hope that is real because that is legendary..

Members online

No members online now.