going to the shelter to meet a dog

Paige

Let it be
And I'm so nervous I feel like its a first date lol. I saw something that sounds like what my boyfriend and I are looking for. We are just going to look casually and see the dog but omg I feel like I met someone on a dating site I dig and now I have to see if there is in person chemistry.

I feel like such a nerd.

Paige

Let it be
Even if he isn't its a start. We are making the step out of brain storming. So that's exciting none the less. I've been wanting to add a second dog for four years. :)

Paige

Let it be
Not so great because he was just taken off the adoption floor and sent to a foster h ome b ecause he is really stressed/having skin issues because of it.

I tried to convince my boyfriend we should take home an adorable elderly pit bull named Waffles but he said no. .We already have an old dog we don't need to break our hearts twice.

Anyways, I just filled out an aplication and am keeping my eyes peeled. Our shelter only had four dogs in it, three pending adoption. So while it isn't great for selection its great for a local animal shelter to only have a few dogs.

Paige

Let it be
I actually went to the two shelters closest to me. One had a grand total of zero dogs. The other had four. Three were pitbulls, one a small terrier mix. All but the elderly dog were pending adoption. Surrey doesn't seem to have an issue with pet over population. I was really hoping to find ourselves a pound puppy so we are just going in fairly often to keep our eyes peeled.

And omg so cute! I wish! I want to smooch that little face.

and our adoption fees have gone down. It's 250 for a pup, 200 for a dog 1-8 and anything over is 80. Before dogs were at least 350-400 from what I last recall.

Still choked he wouldn't let me bring Waffles home.

You're in BC? I never knew that! I've seen Waffles on my facebook feed! I'm bummed he said no too, though I understand why.

Having a puppy has been really fun. Once he finds a home, I think I would like to try fostering a senior again.

Paige

Let it be
Yes! Surrey.

She was the sweetest old thing. The other dogs were pretty excited but she was just fatnwiggly and adorable

Paige

Let it be
I've been cruising on petfinder but thatsba good idea. They have a border collie also named bandit at the Vancouver location..m I think its a sign :p

Members online

No members online now.