Had to Share

Saje

Island dweller
Ha ha ha too cute. That would be a bull mastiff then if it's just a purebred 'mastiff'?

She looks more like a Bull than anything else, but there are all sorts of pure breeds of Mastiffs. Filas are known as Brazilian Mastiffs; there are Neopolitan Mastiffs, Spanish Mastiffs, French Mastiffs . . . . the list goes on and on.

To tell you the truth, from Lucy's photo, she looks like she's a pure bred Take-No-Bull Mastiff :D

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
lol i love that face lol you can just see what she is thinking " I am so sick of this crap" hahaha

Saje said:
Isn't that all kinds of mastiffs? :D
:D No, Filas are the Where-Do-You-Want-Me-To-Make-The-Bull-Go Mastiffs. I'm awful proud of these two. Both of the bulls - the humongous, full grown OJ and the not-fully-mature and full of himself Lucky - just MOOOOVE when the grrrrls look at them. Angus bulls do not generally move for just anyone, lol!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Hmm that made me curious - Renee, how DO Filas herd? I can't imagine them treading lightly in a circle around the stock, like a BC would.. Do they tend to drive the stock forward from behind?

They are drovers, Rips. Some are also instinctually headers, used to hold cattle in one place. Kharma seems to be an all-purpose, lol! And she does use a stare on them as well. If one is balking you can watch Kharma sometimes stop and stare it down like you'd see a Border Collie do. She's got them so trained now that all she's got to do to get everyone started is stop and assume the position - you know the one, head slightly dropped, back straight, hindquarters slightly bunched, with THE STARE - and the only thing going through those bovine heads is "where are we supposed to be?"

What's really neat to see is her reaction when she sees a calf (or calves) too far away from the main herd (in Kharma's opinion). Instead of herding the calf back to the main herd, she'll feint and ACT like she's going to go after the calf, barking if necessary to get the cows' attention. That always gets the mother to head toward her calf, and Kharma will go single her out and drive her to her calf! She's a tricky one, lol!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Hee hee! For some unknown reason Lucy reminds me of a James Bond villan!! I can just imagine her with a Russian accent saying something like "Time to die Mr Bond!"
Ok, so this is what sleep deprivation does to a girl!! :D

Members online

No members online now.