Brutus killed a rabbit

filarotten

Fila the love
I heard Brutus barking and I went over there to find him pawing at the ground. I couldn't see what he was pawing at. At first I thought it might be a snake hole, but it looked rather big. Then he pawed and crunched and I heard these little screams. I finally got him away and was able to save 1 little baby. He was so proud. I was so shook up. I finally got in touch with an animal rehabilitation person and took the remaining baby rabbit to her. Oh that blood hound nose.......

Irish

How sad for us, how exciting for a dog. At least you were able to save one! Bear killed a rabbit once when we first got him and I sincerely think he felt bad about it. I think he only wanted to play with it, but he pounced on it and the poor thing died. Since then, he's never chased another one.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Good boy Brutus!

I have a vendetta against rabbits since they seem to view my gardens as free all you can eat buffets and simply laugh at all the remedies we've tried. Sawyer has worked out the best by far and all he does is chase them. :)

Yep. Brutus is a Fila . . . Ate 'em too, didn't he? I've had to reconcile myself to the natural order of things and come to a peace with the food chain. I'd have a much worse time of it if they didn't eat what they killed, but Bimmer has made sure they understand that you eat your kill.

Not that my grrrrls need any instruction in eating things . . . I call it their "fast food diet." They burn calories chasing down that fast food :rolleyes:

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
At least you know that Brutus has a good nose! Poor bunnies. Alas, such is the natural order of the food chain.

Zeus has an insane small animal prey drive. Oh well, he's a blackmouth cur, that's what they're suppossed to do. He once tried to launch himself over the side of a bridge to get to a raccoon about 15-20 feet below. Luckily I was close enough to fling myself on top of him. Of course, he banged me up pretty well in the resulting wrestling match. I guess I just didn't understand that the raccoon was getting away....

filarotten

Fila the love
Yes Brutus did eat the poor mangled thing. I guess that is one thing he does not require yogurt on. lol

Tank has killed 2 full sized rabbits and a 8 pound opossum. I got to them before he started to tear them apart because I didnt want to clean it up.

Members online

No members online now.