Packing list

momto8

Okay its been awhile since we've had a puppy and never traveled so far to get one. So here's the situation, we are going to Kentucky in 1 month to meet our new puppy! We will be staying a hotel for 3 days and then driving 10 hrs back home. Breeder is sending collar, leash and puppy food in the puppy packs.

My list so far is-
Crate
Crate pad
Blanket that will go in the crate with mom to get her smell on it.
Photo of puppy for ID ( just in case! )
Harness for potty stops
towels and paper towels
food and water bowls
and lots of toys!

I feel like my list is too short for such a trip, what am I missing?

We drove about 11 hours to pick up Hudson and your list sounds pretty good to me.

I had a crate with a pee pad in the back seat of the car and several extra pee pads. Luckily all the puppies were super good and that wasn't an issue. I had a bowl for water and just kind of sprinkled handfuls of food into the crate so they had to kind of work for it.

I had some toys and chews, but tried to avoid squeaky toys because....11 hour drive. I had a collar & leash for each puppy, wet wipes & paper towels to clean up any messes & old blankets & towels & rugs

momto8

We drove about 11 hours to pick up Hudson and your list sounds pretty good to me.

I had a crate with a pee pad in the back seat of the car and several extra pee pads. Luckily all the puppies were super good and that wasn't an issue. I had a bowl for water and just kind of sprinkled handfuls of food into the crate so they had to kind of work for it.

I had some toys and chews, but tried to avoid squeaky toys because....11 hour drive. I had a collar & leash for each puppy, wet wipes & paper towels to clean up any messes & old blankets & towels & rugs
Thank you! I had thought about puppy pads but wasn't too sure, I will pick some to have on hand! And didn't think of wet wipes but I have those for when we go coursing, easier than worrying if they have running water :) Oh and i also had ID tags made for his collar.
Courtney will be with us, so we'll have all our normal supplies we carry for her as well.

Members online