Oy Pacos....

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Yeah, the ones I like for Nola are going to run me about $95 w shipping. I'm terrified I'll love the collar, and go totally broke buying them.:rofl1:

Can't justify the price, at all, so of course my one and only came second hand (although it's pretty much new condition), and the only reason I justified getting it was because it was custom made for her little sister. Don't get me wrong, I really love it, it's good quality, but they just don't seem thrill me enough to justify the price. I have had to "fix" a stone on hers, I'm thinking she must have caught it on a branch or something chasing her ball, but something about the collar just didn't look right to me so I took it off and noticed one of the stones was pulling out, took me two seconds to pin it back into place no problem and it's been fine since. The color has significantly darkened, but yes it's the tan, I don't mind and actually I think it makes the stone look prettier if you ask me. The leather itself is nice, super soft, but I'll admit that I was a little afraid of it breaking when I decided to use it at a Rally fun match and she yanked on it, loosened a little but thankfully it's still in one piece.

First got it-

About 6 months later-

The way I am and the way I see it, think about it long and hard and try for one, I honestly don't see having around fifty million different collars my dogs will hardly wear collecting dust or stashed away in hoards, and especially at that price. I have two nice expensive leather collars for her already and it's a battle deciding which one to put on only to in the end grab a cheap nylon thing anyway (washable ONLY for herding, and plastic quick clip buckles for agility).

Right now, she's actually not even wearing it, I found a really excellent "tag collar" by Tory leather company at a super good price, and I just left it on her since it seems to be digging the coat on her neck less (up coming shows, although the Paco collar did less damage to her coat, it still left a slight ring around her neck).

Flyinsbt

I do too! Though I'm a sucker for a big collar on a bully and/or short haired dog. Harlow sports a 1.5" collar.
I think how wide a collar looks good is really a personal taste thing. I'm another person who likes a wider collar on a bully or mastiff type breed, or on a sighthound. For my dogs, I like between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2", although they're not very big dogs. I do know people, though, who really don't like the wider collars, and don't think they look good. I've also seen photos of Staffords with, like, 2" collars on, which to me looks ridiculous, but other people seem fine with it. (to me, a dog needs to be bigger, or have a much longer neck, to pull off a 2" collar.)

I don't have a Paco collar, though they're good looking collars, to me the cost isn't justifiable when my dogs so rarely wear collars. I've tried to win one in their FB contests, but those tend to turn ugly, so I don't enter them so much anymore. I have one good leather collar, a traditional Stafford collar, from AE collars in England. Well, I have 2, because I have a narrower martingale style one, which I use for showing, since that's the type of collar they usually wear to show in the UK. The daily wear one I have is 1 1/4". Frankly, each of those collar & leash sets cost me less than I'd probably spend on one Paco collar, so that makes it hard to justify the Paco prices.

Mostly, I satisfy my custom collar cravings with fabric-wrapped collars, which are a lot cheaper. Not as durable, but with how little my dogs wear them, that isn't an issue.

JacksonsMom

Yeah honestly if I had a big dog, I'd probably bulk at the price and not get one. I've never spent more than $60 on a collar from them. Even my Double Agent (that should be in the mail soon) that retails for $80 only cost me around $60 with the last special they had. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. I love collars but even I can't really justify $80+ on a collar.

I've also become much more of a "simple collar lover". While I admire the bedazzled and fancy looking collars from afar, I wouldn't actually use one. The one time I got a collar like that, I just never put it on Jax in public, it was just 'too much' so I sold it. Hence why I went with the Double Agent for his second Paco, I just wanted name tags on it, so I don't even have to use a tag. And his St. Francis, while it has conchos on it, it's not really too much IMO. No rhinestones etc.

I also find I end up using the same collars basically all the time, or only rotating between a few, so I've become less inclined to buy collars like I used to. I like to have holiday collars (in October, he wears his Halloween collar, etc) and special occasion collars (like this summer, he's pretty much been wearing his GunDogSupply collar a lot). And then I put the Paco on him for walks, dog park visits, walking around town, etc. But I have different leashes and harnesses for different occasions too.

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
Even if some of their designs are pretty unical, and I love them, there are two draw-backs for me:
-They are Expensive, with capital letters. Even if they are guaranteed.
-I don't think they ship to Spain.

It's a bit ironical, considering that Paco is a common Spanish name.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
The most I've spent on a Paco is $110 (I think) with shipping for one of the Dia de los Muerto collars they had a couple of years ago for the month of October. I'd have a hard time pulling the trigger on multiple $100 collars.

There are some large Pacos on PCANSA right now for great prices... I think $65 for 22" collars if I remember correctly. Seriously, they have some awesome deals. If you want a Paco and are hesitant to pull the trigger because of the cost, you will find some excellent deals on PCANSA.

I counted my Pacos this morning and I have 11. They all get worn on a normal basis. I have certain ones for certain things (Rory's X-Dog deluxe is his daily collar, his Pandora deluxe is his "dirty" collar).

Even if some of their designs are pretty unical, and I love them, there are two draw-backs for me:
-They are Expensive, with capital letters. Even if they are guaranteed.
-I don't think they ship to Spain.

It's a bit ironical, considering that Paco is a common Spanish name.
They ship to Spain for sure- I know someone who would always order Paco things and she lived in Spain.

It's called Paco Collars after a dog named Paco.

I live in France & they can ship all over Europe!.
The shipment to Fr is like 23 dollars and that's way too much and what is keeping me,from ordering more.
Knowing that a parcel(1 collar) to the State is 6 euros(normal mail),it's tough to swallow.
My 1st one came from England,at a great price and I love it.

Toller_08

I have a few Paco collars. I like them, but I've noticed recently that the one I got for Keira is no longer brass looking. It's the Kylee and the design is supposed to be/used to be brass/silver, but now it's all silver. It is almost 5 years old now I think though. And Dance's Swirl's extra D-ring looks like a lesser quality piece of hardware than the rest of the collar. It's a different, almost coppery colour. Not sure why. But they do have great customer service so I am sure if I asked them I could send both collars in to be fixed... I just don't want to ship them cause of the cost between the US/Canada. Both collars are perfectly functional, just aesthetically different slightly than when I got them.

My other three collars from them are very nice still though. Ripley has a Pickles that I love, Journey has a plain one with her name stamped and then I have another one that was free that nobody really wears anymore but it's in good shape.

My dogs really don't wear them as much as they should though. I did get most of mine on sale/for a good price, but even so, my dogs are naked like 98% of the time haha. But they were pretty and I thought I had to have them.

Tashapaws

Spanish Pup
They ship to Europe? That's a Good notice. I understand the shipping price, though. Thanks everybody :D
I just saw one with the Yin-Yang simbol that was impressive.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
She has 15 (with one on the way) collars currently, but I do find myself only using 5-6 regularly. I'd like to get 3-4 more really nice, high quality collars and just have her in those.

She wears a collar pretty much 24/7 (unless crated or getting bathed), so more expensive collars don't phase me too much. I take her lots of places, and she has a blog, so I want her looking awesome.:p

BostonBanker

So, for those of us who are a little slow, anyone know how to post collars for sale on the Facebook page? Just put it myself on the page, or is there some sort of format I need to follow?

Sometimes,they do free shipment or deals on collars and then,it's worth it.
Their last sample sale had some amazing deals so you can get some,at great price.
Just,need to be patient,keep an eye,open and be very quick,on the phone,lol!.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
She has 15 (with one on the way) collars currently, but I do find myself only using 5-6 regularly. I'd like to get 3-4 more really nice, high quality collars and just have her in those.

She wears a collar pretty much 24/7 (unless crated or getting bathed), so more expensive collars don't phase me too much. I take her lots of places, and she has a blog, so I want her looking awesome.:p
My dogs had a bunch of collars before I ordered the Paco Collars... and now the only collars they wear are the Pacos! I have a box in their room full of old collars and I really should donate them or something since it's been a few years since any of them have been worn!

I agree, they definitely have to look good for their blog :rofl1:

So, for those of us who are a little slow, anyone know how to post collars for sale on the Facebook page? Just put it myself on the page, or is there some sort of format I need to follow?
Just go on PCANSA (Paco Collar Addicts Not So Anonymous) and send a message with a photo and information about the collar. The admin of the page will list it up for sale. They usually go very quickly, especially if it's a popular size.

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Which of these do you think for Nola (female red sable mini Dachshund)?

Mini Riesy. Would be black leather, silver hardware, purple or aqua stones

The Luigi. Would be black leather, silver hardware, purple or aqua stones.

The Patrick. Would be black leather, silver hardware.

The Unicorn. Would be black leather, silver hardware, aqua stones.

Here's Nola:

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
Truthfully, I love ALL of those and it's really hard to choose! I don't think you can go wrong with any of those designs.

I definitely think purple or aqua stones would look amazing on Nola... they'll really pop with her coat color and black pigmentation.

The Unicorn is one of my favorite designs, which is funny because it's one I don't own (yet... muahaha).

Which of these do you think for Nola (female red sable mini Dachshund)?

Mini Riesy. Would be black leather, silver hardware, purple or aqua stones
That's the pattern on Enda's, and I have to say you should get the smoother stones Vs the rhine stones, they look WAY better! And especially if it's going on a blog. I just can't remember what they're called, starts with a "C"? Hang on...

Here's a close up-

EDIT: looked and it doesn't look like you have a choice of them when ordering directly from the collar page? huh, not sure how you request them? I honestly have never been a rhinestone fan, but these are absolutely stunning, I would get another collar with them again, even though I'm not really a huge "bling" fan either.

Members online

No members online now.