Offleash rant (again)

Fran27

I was just walking Boris for one of his daily walks. Some people a few houses away on the opposite side have a young dog. He was offleash in the front yard, lying down doing nothing (he's a bulldog). The owner was on the phone. Well, of course, as soon as the dog saw Boris, he ran in our direction, and crossed the road. The guy was still on the cell phone, trying to catch the dog.

I don't want to imagine what would have happened if there was a car coming :( I crossed the road next to their yard, and they played a bit there (god, Boris really LOVES dogs, can't wait to get the puppy :) ). Then I left for the rest of my walk (had to cut it short, it's too hot at the moment). When I came back, the dog was still unleashed in the front yard, lying down and not moving, but there was nobody with him! A kid came after a bit though, and I took advantage of it while the dog was looking the other way to jog with Boris past the house. Then the father caught me on a bike, while the kid was still in the yard with the dog...

I know there have been hundreds of stories like this and you all agree, but I still had to rant...

I know how you feel. My neighbors have a completely untrained lab mix named Rocky. Yet these idiots still let him off-leash. I sent them information on the leash-laws for this town, and hadn't seen Rocky for a while until a few days ago. I've told them a million times that if he seriously annoys Colby or Tippy, they'll bite him, but he just says, "Oh, he needs that, it'll teach him a lesson."

I have a very hard time walking my dogs because of unleashed dogs. Just down our street in the evenings can be 3 or 4 dogs left to run outside in their yards. Everytime these dogs will approach us. I can go the other direction but will often come acrossed at least one allowed to run freely in its yard and runs to us barking. I can cut acrossed the field to a different street but to often will be met up by a dog that makes me very nervous running freely which will meet us in the field if he is out and sees us. Really makes it hard to go on walks and enjoy it.

Members online

No members online now.