I dont think I have

Way beautiful! I just found out the differences in Shelties and Collies and I love them both! Course I would imagine it takes a lot of work keeping their fur mat free?

Melissa_W

It doesn't take as much time as you think. In the summer, once he's shed out his winter coat, I only brush him for about 5 minutes a couple times a week. In the winter, it's a bit more, I try to do it every other day because it's so much thicker. During shedding season though, you can brush brush brush brush and never seem to get it all. lol Luckily that only lasts for a couple weeks a year.

Well we are back from the vets. Blazes tail is healing really well considering how bad it looked (I do have pictures but they are gross, dont know if any one would want to see the grossness lol) so its a very very small chance of needing surgery which I am just so happy about.

Way beautiful! I just found out the differences in Shelties and Collies and I love them both! Course I would imagine it takes a lot of work keeping their fur mat free?
It desnt really take as much as one would think. Then again I have been raised with collies and shelties so I dont know much of a difference between gromming collies to labs, pointers or bulldogs lol. We also had poodles, but they went monthly to a groomers. Blaze does get matted where his coller is, espeacially after swimming, so he normaly doesnt wear a coller unless we are out walking, but I even keep it of at the dog park (Safer as well incase a dog gets its mouth caught ont he coller while playing - im a paronoid dog mom as I have the most accident prone dog lol) And his back legs get very bad. He is pretty bad right now as I dont want to brush ut the back of him becuase of his tail injury right now, I would rather a messy dog then a stressed out one.

Sorry I post really long posts lol

Melissa_W

Yeah, the pants can get kinda tangly sometimes. Some grooming spray really helps there a LOT.

Really never thought of some type of spray. where would you get that? At this point I will try anything his legs look almost like dread locks, NO matter how much time I spend grooming them, his leg hair is like the texture or a afro lol

ETA: Here is a picture after a long while of grooming him (bath and brushing) You can see the texture of his leg hair here, its terrible lol.

Members online

No members online now.